>>>What are you tying today ? Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
All look good guys. RCFetter your tying is coming along nicely.

GenCon

^^I second this^^

RCFetter,
Build your thorax a bit fatter...aka. add more dubbing or put a couple wraps of lead wire down before you dub. Then, dub right up against the bead and whip finish or hitch finish over top of the bead, then cement. Your fly has good proportion just needs to be a bit fatter. Keep up the good work.

ZOT

Thanks guys. I'm into my 4th month of tying. I hope my uncle Russ Fetter is happy, looking down at me using all of his fine tying tools. I'm assuming PA Dutch are allowed in heaven.

Trifecto of Doom!

Attachments

• 0419140735b.jpg
    0419140735b.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 0419140928.jpg
    0419140928.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 0419140929a.jpg
    0419140929a.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 7
Walts worm tied in grey, natural, & dark natural. Blended with krystal dub hare's ear in like shades. ( it's got a little too much flash for a whole body I think.)

waltswormjig_zps5090fd69.jpg

Really starting to enjoy tying out on the deck while the pup runs around.

They look nice jack,i see you tied them hook up :)

I really love the look on those dark Walt's Worms...I know that they have to produce well.

TC

lv2nymph wrote:
Walts worm tied in grey, natural, & dark natural. Blended with krystal dub hare's ear in like shades. ( it's got a little too much flash for a whole body I think.)

Thanks guys, just tied the same in #8 3/16 tungsten bead. Tc, I've found the dark ones quite useful.

Replenishing the fox fur jigs.

foxjigsfour_zps6c0068e7.jpg

I like the taper on those walts worms jack

I like the fox fur jigamathingers jack.

My attempt at a woven nymph. Took a while...used floss for body, squirrel guard hairs for collar.

CAM00219_zpsd4075a0b.jpg

Flip Flop Flies

Attachments

• DSCF3224 (400x282).jpg
    DSCF3224 (400x282).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF3225 (400x300).jpg
    DSCF3225 (400x300).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF3226 (400x300).jpg
    DSCF3226 (400x300).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF3227 (400x300).jpg
    DSCF3227 (400x300).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 7
nice job tiger I like the looks of that woven nymph,looks like a real nymphisite :lol:

(Kevin Compton's) tungsten torpedo

tungstentorpedo1_zpsc48dbb7c.jpg

Thanks a lot guys, Jim weave looks real nice. Gonna fish great.
Bob, those are some unique looking flies you've tied there. I bet they do quite a dance on the water, I've never seen any tied like that. But then, you do have a knack for originality. :)

Great looking fly Jack! Tyger you never cease to amaze me. I still have not tied a fly in 3-weeks or more.

GenCon

Thanks Mike. Gonna have to take a wire wheel to your vise to get the dust off!

J55tyger88 wrote:
Thanks Mike. Gonna have to take a wire wheel to your vise to get the dust off!

Tyger, you may have to. That or you will have to tie me some flys.
Yours may be better anyway. LOL

GenCon

lv2nymph wrote:
(Kevin Compton's) tungsten torpedo

tungstentorpedo1_zpsc48dbb7c.jpg

Thanks a lot guys, Jim weave looks real nice. Gonna fish great.
Bob, those are some unique looking flies you've tied there. I bet they do quite a dance on the water, I've never seen any tied like that. But then, you do have a knack for originality. :)

One of my favorites. Looks really good and reminded me I need to tie a few dzn of them for the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back