Old, Stale, Negative Thread

Reminds back in the 70's when the PA hatcheries were putting out some small trout the locals called "riffle sniffers."
 
Bluegrass is too good for fly fishing videos...

However, it is the only thing that gets me past the 00:37:21 mark on most FF videos so I'd be all for Angine de Poirtine or possibly the Grateful Dead music because it would save me a combined 1.9 minutes a week...
 
anyone who wants epic 3 hour plus synth drones for their fishin' videos i am available for commission! be the first on your block to upload bonafide ambient free form space jamz!
 
Im so sick of Bluegrass in FF that I look forward to FF videos that the background music is Angine de Poirtine 😂

​

Should follow me, think my last vid was Three 6 Mafia
 
The good ol' algorithm sent me a recent YouTube short from the guy I first complained about in this thread, and he outright admits he hasn't fished in a year. I feel vindicated in my initial assertion that this pretty large scale tying influencer has never fished. I stand by it.

"But that's not what I came to tell you about..."

On the social media front, anyone notice the HUGE reaction to Winston's nude.. I mean new... viral marketing strategy? This controversy has amazing potential for every party involved to prove themselves completely asinine and awful. Looking forward to it
 
The good ol' algorithm sent me a recent YouTube short from the guy I first complained about in this thread, and he outright admits he hasn't fished in a year. I feel vindicated in my initial assertion that this pretty large scale tying influencer has never fished. I stand by it.

"But that's not what I came to tell you about..."


On the social media front, anyone notice the HUGE reaction to Winston's nude.. I mean new... viral marketing strategy? This controversy has amazing potential for every party involved to prove themselves completely asinine and awful. Looking forward to it

I was always on the fence about HUGE
But I was way way impressed with him .
I thought he did a really fine job of pointing out the absurdity of Winston's move , supporting females who fly fish and not crucifying said OF lady .

-
 
I was always on the fence about HUGE
But I was way way impressed with him .
I thought he did a really fine job of pointing out the absurdity of Winston's move , supporting females who fly fish and not crucifying said OF lady .

-
I agree he handled the most important parts of the issue tactfully, even if I think it's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black (in terms of his also sorta parasitic influencer role).

However, do I think the rest of the fly fishing world is capable of responding / engaging the topic without making complete fools of themselves? I do not (and I'm waiting with bated breath to see it).
 
I agree he handled the most important parts of the issue tactfully, even if I think it's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black (in terms of his also sorta parasitic influencer role).

However, do I think the rest of the fly fishing world is capable of responding / engaging the topic without making complete fools of themselves? I do not (and I'm waiting with bated breath to see it).

Meh it's kinda an old hat in my opinion , is it really any different from the cover posted on here not long ago of a 60s sporting magazine with a nude woman fly fishing ... as he said it's been used in the outdoors industry for a long time as a marketing gimmick .
 
Meh it's kinda an old hat in my opinion , is it really any different from the cover posted on here not long ago of a 60s sporting magazine with a nude woman fly fishing ... as he said it's been used in the outdoors industry for a long time as a marketing gimmick .

But wouldn't we, maybe, want it to be different?? If everyone in the fly fishing industry responds to the Winston / OF woman's partnership with: "yes, of course, sexualized imagery has always been used to sell male-dominated sports," then I think, for me, that falls under the category of "making fools of themselves" that I stated above. (And I wholly believe many more ridiculous opinions about her will be prevalent out there.)

I'm leading myself down the rabbit hole that I above described will make most men say ridiculous things, as I fully believe the role of women in fly fishing should be determined by women and not by dorks like me, but I have to wonder who brings more people of all demographics into fly fishing (if that's a measure of anything): a young woman, just learning to fish, deeply embedded in social media life - which, frighteningly, many young people seriously envision as a career - or a middle-aged white dude from Colorado that has hundreds of hours of content of naming fish "Larry" with other middle-aged white dudes (which I also frequently watch). Maybe Winston can sponsor both her and more accomplished female guides/anglers? Isn't that happening?

I'm not trying to defend influencer culture. Maybe my point is just that they're both ridiculous but also fine. Also, I can't afford Winston rods, so whatevs.
 
Don't pay attention to any of this smut stuff just go fish and take in all the creation we get to enjoy without thinking who will be the next half nude fishing ambassador
 
Back
Top