2015 PAFF Eastern PA Instructional Jamboree (Newbie Jam) Sunday 3/29/15

Hope to get there this year. Great program whether you are new to fly fishing or experienced. There's always something to learn. Just hope the weather is good.

I attended last year and enjoyed the day. If you can use another tyer, count me in.

Should be able to make it and looking forward.

Ed, if u want me to spread the word arnd lower bucks, mercer cty, etc ... let me know and I can draft up some flyers for the few sporting shops. I can also talk to the gent who manages our local Dicks outdoor dept (I'll hit up Princeton as well) and see if they'll let me put some literature out there. Let me know.

Check it out: REVISED DATE NOW SUNDAY 3/29/15 because of scheduling with the venue.

Ed & Pat,

As per my discussion with Ed. I'm available on Sunday to teach casting.

Thanks afish, and I hope the others (teachers and newbies alike) follow suit.

All, Ed got put in a tough spot on this and there was little choice but to go with a Sunday. It's not preferred but you play the hand you're dealt.

BIG PROBLEM.

The Director of Education Programs at the Wildlands Conservancy informed me that she made a huge mistake in booking our event for Saturday, March 28th.

They have a large event scheduled for that day (their largest of the year), and we have to change the date of OUR event to the next day. They have no idea why their event didn't show up on their schedule, but it is what it is.

Believe me, I've done some serious backpedaling, and researched other dates and even other locations - without success.

I know having this event on a Sunday will cause conflicts with church and/or family obligations, but we really have no other option. I sincerely apologize for having to do this, but.....

The Newbie Jam date is now Sunday, March 29.

Same time, same location.

Let me know here if you volunteered to instruct, but can't make the new date.......

You just did it for me. :)

I have helped with casting previously. If Afishinado wants a hand I can help.

This was all a plot to be able to put Shane to work (kidding!).

I'll update the instructors list in a day or two to allow for them to re-think their commitment.

Thanks afish - having you available to instruct makes all this a WHOLE lot easier to digest! I owe you one, my friend.....

Probably can't make it on Sunday. I should be back to work by then (still on workman's comp). If I'm back I have to work Sunday nights. If I start work late enough I may be able to be there in the morning.

I am good for Sunday. That is not a problem for me.

GenCon

Sweet, this means I can probably make it! Not as a teacher but as one of your wonderful newbies!

Still in...

I'll still get down there. Better have the coffee on!

Sunday works for me if you would like me to tie.

SBecker wrote:
You just did it for me. :)

I have helped with casting previously. If Afishinado wants a hand I can help.

Great Shane! I can use the help. Thanks.

I recommend that anyone interesting in casting, bring their own rod outfit to learn on their own equipment. Also, I will look over your outfit to be sure the line is balanced and everything is in working order.

I will bring some school rods from the shop for those without rods to cast

Should be fun.

Bob, I will share some of my tying time with you. I think it would be really good for some of the newbies to see you tie. You have only been tying, well not quite a year. Your tying skills have greatly improved. It should be good encouragement for anyone new at tying.

GenCon

I am interested in helping if you need it.

pm - sent ed

InCahoots wrote:
Sunday works for me if you would like me to tie.

I hope you guys can fit Gill in, I would love to see his work.

Pat, Ed, I can handle leaders again if you like.
Mike.

All,

Your willingness to help is just incredible. I never cease to be amazed at the generosity, enthusiasm, and great skills of our instructors for this event.

All instructors (so far) will be assigned their requested topics. Of course, the Entomology station has no takers, so we may just have to pcray it. If anyone would like to volunteer for station #3, please do so - I have some visual aids that would make it easy, and with some flies for examples, you'd be set.

Was really hoping to put pcray with salmonoid at station #6 - that'd be a tremendous team for that important topic.

All the guys that want to tie will be able to. Depending how many we wind up with, we DO have access to an entire room across the hall from the main classroom. We'll make that call Sunday morning. Don't want you folks to feel crowded into a table or two at the back of the main classroom. Bring as much tying stuff as you want to!

We also have been offered some free tying materials by our guest instructor for station #7. If anyone has extra materials, tools, or gear they'd be willing to part with, bring 'em. We can set up a "help yourself to whatever" table to spread the wealth. Cool, no?

We're looking really good so far - the newbies are gonna love this!

Back