2015 PAFF Eastern PA Instructional Jamboree (Newbie Jam) Sunday 3/29/15

GenCon wrote:
Yes, I hope the weather is nice as well. I will be there regardless. For I have now figured out how to tie a green weenie. :-o :-o

I thought you were going to tie flies???

On a serious note, as the chance arises at the tying table please let folks know about our tying jam in December.

Mike, will do. It would be nice to have some folks other than the tiers come. See you all on Sunday!

GenCon

Mr Dave (djs) ... last I checked I'm working gear/set station with u and/or Cathy. If that hasn't changed please check ur pm. U and/or Ed just confirm just so I'm good.

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Mr Dave (djs) ... last I checked I'm working gear/set station with u and/or Cathy. If that hasn't changed please check ur pm. U and/or Ed just confirm just so I'm good.

That's the plan, Kush.

Cathy can't make it. She's back to work after recovering from that gruesome injury. Her enthusiasm and knowledge will be missed!

I was reminded today that our guest instructor is bringing "a ton" of tying materials to be given away.

We'll put everything on a table in the tying room, and if anyone has any materials or gear they'd like to share, they can add to it.

GenCon will be in charge of this table, and I hear he's bringing a metal edged ruler...... ;-)

Very good Ed ... See u all mañana

I can't make this one but will try to make the Fish and Chips event in the summer. I hope all you fellas have a good time especially the newbies. Flyfishing is a wonderful sport and the fellas you are going to be around tomorrow are some of the best. Enjoy the experience.

Will be there late morning, not that I am needed with the great casting instructors that will be on hand. Kids Easter Egg hunts in the morning I am being told by the wife.

Ed, I have some family buisness that has arrisen. I will try and make it up for the afternoon session. Hope ever tying goes smoothly.

Thank you so much to everyone who gave their time and their knowledge at today's Jamboree. I came away with some excellent casting and tying instruction as well as ideas to put into action on the stream. I look forward to giving back myself one day.

I had a great time. I wish I had time to make it in and see some of the inside presentations. what a quality event. Thank you to everyone involved. Special thanks to Ed for organizing this.

Thank you to everyone who came out to cast. You guys brought me some great challenges and were patient with me as we worked through them. I appreciated the opportunity to work with such a positive group of anglers.

Till we meet again!

Attachments

• DSCN9573.jpg
    DSCN9573.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN9579.jpg
    DSCN9579.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN9589.jpg
    DSCN9589.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN9593.jpg
    DSCN9593.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 3
Nice event everyone!

Was nice meeting everyone and learned a ton. Look forward to fishing with you guys again....maybe i can catch another football sized palomino by hand again.

Who's the handsome fella in the 3rd pic? lol

It was a good time and thanks to all who came, especially the newbies. Wish we could have gotten them into more fish but things were not all that good. I'll get the pic up of FlyForFun with that big palomino, didn't have time last night to get it off the camera.

It was a really nice day. I was inside most of the morning. I took walk outside the building and stepped on Afish's fly rod. After that I stayed inside and kept a low profile.

The afternoon at the Heritage section was also nice. I saw Gencon giving casting lessons. He's a great teacher: casting and fly tying.

Just want to thank everyone for some valuable lessons once again. You were all fantastic. I feel I have come a long way from last year's newbie jam as a result of what You have all taught me. Some great tips and tricks learned and put into practice right away! I spent the time on water trying to show a few tips to my nephew. He did not get into any fish, but by the time we left, we had made good progress. Give me a few more years of practice and I will gladly give a hand at this. Thanks to all of you who helped put this on.

Back