In Search Of: The Vanishing Trout, Charles Lose

nd1001

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 31, 2022
Messages
226
City
Philadelphia
After seeing mentions of this title on the forum, I’m interested in procuring a copy.

I can find copies online from large used book retailers for $250 (1931 first ed) and $160 (1993 reprint). Cheaper listings pop up sporadically.

Instead of using one of these sites which will take a considerable margin, wondering if any forum members would be willing to part with this title for a lesser price.

Thanks,
Noah
 
I have a 1931 first edition but it's not for sale or for sale cheap. 😉

Speaking of "particular appeal to us PA anglers," there were two well known titles for sale in this group:

 
I have a 1931 first edition but it's not for sale or for sale cheap. 😉

Speaking of "particular appeal to us PA anglers," there were two well known titles for sale in this group:

Is it for sale for less than $250? There’s one listing on line that’s been sitting at that price for a while.
 
Just curious, what is the fascination of the book, that's a pricey book. Must have some hidden secrets.
I found it to be a very interesting account of how the fishing used to be in central PA "back in the day"

I learned to fly fish in north central PA, and still have great fondness for the area
And really enjoy historical volumes like this
 
Back
Top