2015 PAFF Eastern PA Instructional Jamboree (Newbie Jam) Sunday 3/29/15

Was good to see and catch up with everyone ... hope the newbies picked up some valuable pointers

//// RC ....

doh-homer-simpson-doh.jpg

I didn't break the rod but on the drive home I though I was being followed by the Orvis Secret Police.

I have a picture on my phone of a guy that caught that fish saturday. I have never seen a fish that big in the FFO stretch of the LL.

Here's the pic (finally!) of FlyforFun's huge "catch" of the day.

Took some crazy awesome guiding skills to put him on this one and teach the proper technique, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0529_shrunk.jpg
    IMG_0529_shrunk.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 5
With Pats tutelage and extensive knowledge of trout, I was able to channeled my inner Bear Grylls and caught that bad boy by hand. Haha.

Ah, didn't think about my post being taken that way. To clear it up before anyone wants to jump on that, the fish was in distress in shallow water so I just moved it back into the main current so it was free to move and recover.

haha, didn't mean it that way, it was just a joke.

For all: We found this fish laying against shore in distress, and it was there for some time. After a while we decided it was probably better off in the current. He tailed it and took it to the middle of the stream. We snapped a quick picture for fun. After release the fish seemed to hold in the current ok for at least an hour before we left.

I hate to say it, but that lightening trout was in distress from the moment it was born.

no need to sign up or anything? just show up and learn?

Back