Now that's nice. We don't talk about wild rainbow trout in that part of the state too often. (I know brookie guys will condemn this, but I think it's pretty cool.)View attachment 1641237504
Sproul wild rainbow from yesterday
Now that's nice. We don't talk about wild rainbow trout in that part of the state too often. (I know brookie guys will condemn this, but I think it's pretty cool.)View attachment 1641237504
Sproul wild rainbow from yesterday
So I am the 3rd person I know of to catch rainbows of this size this year out of this stream. It is not stocked now, but has recent history of low density stocking. I am hearing more and more reports each year throughout NCPA of rainbow fingerlings in small streams, typically with some connection to a stocked stream. They rarely seem to stick, but there has to be some level of natural repro happening.Now that's nice. We don't talk about wild rainbow trout in that part of the state too often. (I know brookie guys will condemn this, but I think it's pretty cool.)
You didn't miss much. I was out briefly today. I caught fish, but it kind of sucked.
Heading out tomorrow, but the rain totals were disappointing thus far out here....You didn't miss much. I was out briefly today. I caught fish, but it kind of sucked.
We didn't really get rain here. It rained, but it didn't really rain.Heading out tomorrow, but the rain totals were disappointing thus far out here....
I'll meet ya there. I am getting in my car now. How about tomorrow at about 3:00 pm?Going over to Minnesota to fish for smallies .
Just make sure to leave your elitist trout guy attitude at home . 😀I'll meet ya there. I am getting in my car now. How about tomorrow at about 3:00 pm?
I'll meet ya there. I am getting in my car now. How about tomorrow at about 3:00 pm?
This is from a Wilderness Trout Stream yesterday. Water temp was 52. Very good flow and had some nice mixed surprises. A little tighter than I would've liked with a 6'6" 2wt, but it's a long drainage and plan to hit it lower down on next trip where things open up more. The second pic is from Wallace Run within SGL. It fished well, but water was extremely low. I pretty much hiked the stream bed and stopped to cast in sections I knew had good depth all things considered.Third pic is Wallace at normal flow.Despite low water and spooky fish (most prime spots were one and done) we had a very decent morning on a SEPA crick today. We even found a few smalljaws in a couple deep, slackwater spots.
Oh, and I caught a double, the first this year, I believe. That hole was two and done, at least.
View attachment 1641237692
View attachment 1641237693
View attachment 1641237694