The Annual Paflyfish Spring Jamboree is set for May 19-21, 2023

27585549967 1859bcaf83
Friday, May 19 is the start of our meetup for the Paflyfish Spring Jamboree Weekend at the Seven Mountains Campground. This is our annual get-together for members of the site to fly fish, tie flies, camp, and share a few stories. We have a lot of fun fishing over some of Pennsylvania's finest streams including the Little J, Penns Creek, Spring Creek, Fishing Creek, and plenty more in the region.

The pavilion at Seven Mountains Campground is rented by Paflyfish and is used as a meeting point during the weekend. Plenty of impromptu conversations, fly-tying, and meet-ups occur at the pavilion.

8759429289 024ebd76f2 c
The weekend is a casual event with fly fishing in a great region of Pennsylvania. As with every year, we will be meeting up in the evenings at the pavilion to catch up on the day's fishing trips. Friday and Saturday mornings we meet for coffee and plan the day. Often plenty of opportunities for some fly tying and casting lessons are shared.

At this time, we will not be going to plan any special speakers or activities. That could change, but there is always plenty of impromptu fly tying, casting lessons, and support on where to fish. So if you are unsure about the area, do not worry there are plenty of members from the site that can help get you started.
2007 4fc3b050ae5b6

Many anglers from the site come up early or stay later after the weekend. Follow this thread for the latest details or ask any questions.

Please contact Sevens Mountain Campground directly if you would like to stay there that weekend. They have a limited number of cabins, RV hook-ups and campsites. I encourage you to make your reservations now.

Dates: Friday – May 19th - Sunday, May 21, 2023

Use the code: PAFLYFISH for a 10% discount.

Sevens Mountain Campground
101 Seven Mountains
Campground Rd.
Spring Mills, PA 16875
(814) 364-1910

P
There always seems to be folks casting on the lawn at the campground, usually just trying out others rods and such, but it's always a good chance to get some tips and help, it's a good bunch of very talented folks, and very willing to share knowledge. Don't be shy to ask for advice.
And definitely plan on hitting the streams, so much good water within a half hour or so drive, from tiny brookie streams to the famous ones like Penns, Spring, and Fishing creeks. Dont feel intimidated, After all, it's just fishin, and they are just trout in a crick!

Oh I probably won't miss the opportunity to fish some of these famous creeks if for no other reason to rub it into my buddy from MI. I get envious every time he posts pics of his drifts down the Au Sable over there for the Hex hatch.

R
So.... I pass thru the Seven Mountains area on a good many Fridays. If I'm passing thru on the 19th will I be allowed to visit? Is there a visitor fee?

pcray1231
No fee. Visits welcome.

We're all spread out throughout the campground. Depending what time you come determines how many people you find. Usually during the late morning or early afternoon you'll find a few around, but no big group. Evenings it will be pretty empty as people are on the water. We gather as a larger group late, often its 10:30 before many get there and people are still arriving at 11.

L
We will have music! I was surprised this am to see on Facebook that our Shakey just had a heart ablation at PENN. Best news is that the operation was completely successful and his heart rhythm is much better. And he says he will be at the Jam!

I
Never mind. No way I can make it. Got an event at my elementary school Monday. Our first ever “book prom”. Family event to promote reading. Can’t miss that, but I am gonna make it next year. It sounds like a great event with even greater people.

pcray1231
Thats Monday. Which gives you a full Sunday to recover....

TimMurphy
Dear board,

Can you be just a day tripper? It's a weird time for me at work with no chance of a day off in May unless I die. I just might just to spite them, but I would be willing to take a drive for a day and evening.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

JeremyW
Dear board,

Can you be just a day tripper? It's a weird time for me at work with no chance of a day off in May unless I die. I just might just to spite them, but I would be willing to take a drive for a day and evening.

Regards,

why not?

I
Sorry I said Monday, I meant Sunday is the event. I’m hoping to cruise up Saturday, fish, meet, and drive back to Greene County. Best I can do.

But I am for sure gonna make the Jam my vaca next year. Enjoy the site. Thanks to all who make it happen.

tomgamber
Dear board,

Regards,

Seriously Murph? I think you been around long enough to come and go as you please. ;)

pcray1231
Sorry I said Monday, I meant Sunday is the event. I’m hoping to cruise up Saturday, fish, meet, and drive back to Greene County. Best I can do.
Cool, do it.

Or shoot up Friday, get an evening in. Often not much happens on the stream till like 8:30 p.m. anyway. A gathering will happen somewhere at like 10:30, drink a few and shoot the crap, make Saturday plans. Fish till you can Saturday and scoot out.

JeremyW
how early can we use the camp? I'm not able to check in until 2-3pm on Friday, but can we come and use the area to meet up in the AM?

bikerfish
how early can we use the camp? I'm not able to check in until 2-3pm on Friday, but can we come and use the area to meet up in the AM?
yes, you will no problem coming early to meet up and head out fishing.

tomgamber
i would suggest parking by the office if you are leaving vehicles behind. Maybe even stop in and tell them you are staying there later, if they are there. They were oddly picky about where we parked last year.

CLSports
Found Shakey performing at Well Crafted in my neighborhood on Friday. Good times. Nice to finally meet you Shakey!

Rob

Back