PatrickC wrote:
Well, that explains why I didn't catch any. I was using 3X Fluorocarbon. Some guide you are. 😛 :lol:
Seriously though. I like looking at the bright side. Fished all day with a professional guide and he only caught a few more than I did.;-)
Glad you didn't take a picture of me lying on the ground.
We'll have to do it again some time, maybe over at my brother's place. He has been itching to get out. Just be careful, he is a little bit nuts.
It's always awkward fishing with someone that already knows how to fish. When I'm guiding, I'm instructing folks on what to do all day. When I'm not guiding, I find myself not quite knowing what I should do. That's why I said...."Let me know what I can help you with today." I don't want to be yakking at you all day like you don't k now what's going on and I don't want to not be helpful if you need help. You seemed like you were just enjoying the day at your own pace, so I tried not to say much.
It was a tough day for catching. I hooked 8 fish yesterday, but only kept 2 from giving me the slip. The longer you play a steelhead on a #14 hook, the more likely you are to loose it. Unfortunately, it's a little tough to just horse them over with the 4x.