PFBC FALL AND WINTER TROUT STOCKING TO BEGIN OCTOBER 1!

I'm confused...

I took this post as nothing more than an FYI from Dave about the upcoming fall stocking schedule (BTW Dave, you have a typo in the title; ALL instead of FALL 😉 )...

Not a thread to discuss the merits or lack thereof of stocking in PA.

Similar to announcements made about fishing shows or new fly shops. However the folks (like me) who wouldn't bother going to a fishing show or fly shop don't automatically use it as opportunity to chime in on those threads about why we don't....

That may explain some of the angst and weariness for folks (also like me) who don't spend every online hour looking for segues to espouse their dislike for trout stocking.

Going forward, maybe announcements of this type should be locked for comment lest someone gets their knickers in twist one way or the other and save the bickering for threads specifically created for that purpose.
I copied and pasted the email I got from the state. I clearly missed a letter and will fix thanks!!
 
I'm confused...

I took this post as nothing more than an FYI from Dave about the upcoming fall stocking schedule (BTW Dave, you have a typo in the title; ALL instead of FALL 😉 )...

Not a thread to discuss the merits or lack thereof of stocking in PA.

Similar to announcements made about fishing shows or new fly shops. However the folks (like me) who wouldn't bother going to a fishing show or fly shop don't automatically use it as opportunity to chime in on those threads about why we don't....

That may explain some of the angst and weariness for folks (also like me) who don't spend every online hour looking for segues to espouse their dislike for trout stocking.

Going forward, maybe announcements of this type should be locked for comment lest someone gets their knickers in twist one way or the other and save the bickering for threads specifically created for that purpose.
I've been accused of being a dictator in the past, so there really is telling what can happen.
 
As the old saying goes, "you know where the door is".
Yes, but once in a while I like to check in on the drama in the hope that there'll be something useful in the content.

Weirdly, I don't recall anyone mentioning wild brook trout in this thread until Dave's warning in bold. Maybe another thread prompted the warning, but this was benign until he went there. I admit, I may be missing some history, but this seems like a huge overreaction. Not talking about wild brook trout on a PA fly-fishing site? Seriously?
 
Yes, but here, fixed it for you:

"We had this problem before and it got out of hand. We are not going there again. If you forget here is an announcement about the issues - Thread Derailments and Brookie Conversations

If you are not doing this and just being constructive thanks.

BTW this was a thread about stocking NOT wild brook trout."
So asking to not turn threads that aren't about brook trout into threads about brook trout = suppression of talk of wild brook trout? Interesting logic.
 
So asking to not turn threads that aren't about brook trout into threads about brook trout = suppression of talk of wild brook trout? Interesting logic.
Right? Derailing the stocking thread with a warning about not derailing threads by discussing wild brook trout in a thread that wasn't about wild brook trout at all, but somehow prompted a warning about wild brook trout, seemed weird to me too.
 
Back
Top