Bamboozle
Well-known member
In ERie county we have used fruit baskets around the Xmas/New Year Holidays to thank land owners for access and we would place the PAFBC easement brochure within, with contact information.
I send thank you cards.
In ERie county we have used fruit baskets around the Xmas/New Year Holidays to thank land owners for access and we would place the PAFBC easement brochure within, with contact information.
Sounds like if they didn't stock those waters, it would eliminate the need for access.
Well, I am not sure, but I will say the total number of harvested pheasants per numbed stocked is extremely low. Also, a single pheasant costs the game commission just over $20 per bird, so they are a huge financial obligation on the PFGC budget. But I love hunting them.TC
Are the stocked pheasants causing the same issues as stocked trout? That would be your answer.
According to an online search, the Game Commission says the harvest rate is about 45%.Well, I am not sure, but I will say the total number of harvested pheasants per numbed stocked is extremely low. Also, a single pheasant costs the game commission just over $20 per bird, so they are a huge financial obligation on the PFGC budget. But I love hunting them.
I don't see the connection the common taxpayer plays into the Fish and Boat except for the water rescue and white water rescue units the the PAFBC provide. The Growing Greener money is a grant that any city, county or entity can apply for. Even the Turnpike and state police can apply what is the big deal it is apportioned for and need to be used.Im on the other end of the spectrum. I appreciate his passion and tenacity on this subject and others. I also appreciate the amount of research and time he and his guests put into things they discuss. I also appreciate that he gets it not just in front of fisherman's eyes but also the common taxpayer.
He isnt wrong on the subject and regardless of how I view him as a person, I can separate the message from the man.
The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) received a historic $76 million in state capital funding to execute an extensive, multi-year $93 million hatchery capital improvement project.I don't see the connection the common taxpayer plays into the Fish and Boat except for the water rescue and white water rescue units the the PAFBC provide. The Growing Greener money is a grant that any city, county or entity can apply for. Even the Turnpike and state police can apply what is the big deal it is apportioned for and need to be used.
What are your thoughts on the $16 million for projects at a few state parks? Ricketts Glen, Cooks Forest and a few others.The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) received a historic $76 million in state capital funding to execute an extensive, multi-year $93 million hatchery capital improvement project.
What are the ins and outs of those projects?What are your thoughts on the $16 million for projects at a few state parks? Ricketts Glen, Cooks Forest and a few others.
I'm not really sure. I heard about it on the radio and then read a press release but no details were included. But if $5.2 million was spent at one state park ( Cherry Springs) to make the star gazing better what does $16 million get at 4 parks?What are the ins and outs of those projects?
Im fine with taxpayer money being used on public recreation as long as its spent wisely.
A quarter a star?I'm not really sure. I heard about it on the radio and then read a press release but no details were included. But if $5.2 million was spent at one state park ( Cherry Springs) to make the star gazing better what does $16 million get at 4 parks?