Lehigh Watershed Stocking

Great video right? Had a buddy send me the link to watch it. I can't watch it because they have me blocked on FB for calling their bullcrap out. He downloaded it and sent it to me. They are so out of touch.

Also, the rumor is they are stocking 20,000 brookies into the Lehigh, because a member that passed made it his final wish, and left them the money to do it. HILARIOUS
 
Literally insane, its incredibly frustrating to watch special places in PA be ruined by bucket biologists. I don't know the permitting process behind private stocking, but I really hope PFBC would step in...

Those streams that hold brookies are special (Crap photos from 2018):

1791464321678.png


1791464490498.png

​
 
Great video right? Had a buddy send me the link to watch it. I can't watch it because they have me blocked on FB for calling their bullcrap out. He downloaded it and sent it to me. They are so out of touch.

Also, the rumor is they are stocking 20,000 brookies into the Lehigh, because a member that passed made it his final wish, and left them the money to do it. HILARIOUS
What a legacy…
 
Not to say
From what I understand
I could be mistaken
from what ive read
please correct me if im off
but feel like I have seen it
I suppose it happens
from what ive seen.

How could you argue with that kind of certainty. 😉
 
Playing devils advocate here. From PFBC data, survivability of stocked trout is <5%. Also if these fish are inferior how do they out compete natives/wild?

I can see how the increase in fish numbers in a system would adversely affect forage and holding areas but i am also told that stockies eventually starve to death because of how inefficient they are. I agree that there are differences in the species in regard to aggressivess and preferred habitat needs. Both would affect survival.

I dont want to re start the stocked vs wild argument here. Financially it makes all the sense in the world to stop stocking on a state basis. However private money is different.

The more i read conflicting arguments, the more i question myself. Id rather be correct than win the arguement.
 

Latest Forum Posts

USGS Stream Gauges

Back
Top