Kelly Galloup on Euronymphing

dudemanspecial

dudemanspecial

Despite the clickbait title, I think Kelly offers a level headed perspective on the subject that mirrors my own opinion.

Its been a few weeks since I have seen this come up here, let's stoke the fire!

He brings up a good point with the competition anglers. That said, its good to fish multiple styles

As someone who also fishes Tenkra style, I should probably keep my big mouth shut... ;)

I have a couple of vintage spinning reels and some new baitcasters that click...

...does that count as fly fishing too? ;)
Can you fit a euro comp line on them?

Hey what about using a Euro comp line on a Tenkara rod... :love:

Or how about duct taping one of my clicker baitcasting reels with a Euro comp line on a Tenkara rod...?

Or are guides a requirement of fly fishing????

Last edited:
that guy just loves to hear himself talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk. Can’t watch him at all. Regardless of the topic, he carries no weight if you can’t stomach listening to his incessant non stop pointless banter.

I feel like if you have contributed to the sport of flyfishing as much as Kelly Galloup has you have earned the right to state your opinion. I don't think anything he said in this video was unreasonable.

I stopped at his shop last year and enjoyed meeting him and talking a few minutes. If I hadn't went out of my way to shake his hand, you wouldn't have known who he was. Seemed like a down to earth guy I'd enjoy drinking a beer with after a day of fishing.

If you really want to consider yourself a competitive drinker, though, you need to be able to distinguish yourself in 4 categories: beer, wine, liquor, and homebrewed jungle juice.

I guess the jungle juice equates to euro: it works, but we aren't quite sure what it is...

Post of the thread and i dont drink, lol

It was click bait, Kelly. Click bait.

It was really about whether someone who can euro nymph deserves to be called a fly fishing champion. They don't. No argument there from me. In other words it was about competition and the branding someone a fly fishing champ from winning euro nymphing title. Again, no argument. Those guys also throw dries with those mono rigs, yeah? Dry droppers? But I digress....

So old now, the larger debate. I am 54 and I grow tired of old guys crying about how effective euro nymphing is. Or that the flies are too boring, as if guide flies haven't been boring since the dawn of guide flies. Click bait, yo.

Many folks out there like to catch fish. Sorry, Kelly, I stopped watching once I knew my time had been duped into being wasted....

yup, click bait. Youtube revenues are down, say something outrageous.

Back