bdhoover77
Well-known member
Shh, you’re ruining Bamboo Joe’s original (bogus) argument that without stocking only native trout would be available and yet inaccessible.A good bit of Big Spring is accessible with wild rainbows and brook trout. 🤷♂️
Shh, you’re ruining Bamboo Joe’s original (bogus) argument that without stocking only native trout would be available and yet inaccessible.A good bit of Big Spring is accessible with wild rainbows and brook trout. 🤷♂️
I would without a doubt pee on your carpet!![]()
Yea lol good point. Staunch unabashed hatchery apologist posts example of common hatchery problem/repercussion and calls us bigots for for pointing out this is what you get when you do stupid sh*t like raise invasive species in crowded aquarium like conditions its like what the hell did you think was going to happen??I learned a long time ago that some people will attack the person rather than the point when they've run out of arguments on the subject.
You posted about a disease outbreak in a hatchery in the conservation forum. I'm not sure what you were expecting the conversation would be about? Were we supposed to be sad that a bunch of sick hatchery fish had to be euthanized?
You missed the whole point . I never ever said anything about feeling sadly about the fish being killed. I merely posted the article, then the **** storm began. I wasn't the one who began the attack!
Again, some are book smart and **** simple! Some just keep proving it to be true!
Lol seems pretty sh*t simple to me!Hatcheries have disease.
No they don't!!
Yes they do here is proof.
They always get euthanized!
Actually they don't.
Yes always!
No. Here's proof and stock trout are bad anyways.
What about battered women and handicapped people!!!
Biiiggggooooottttttssssssss!!!!!!
You do realize there are other trout besides native trout and stocked trout in pennsylvania right? Like wild brown trout, wild rainbow trout etc.Like I said, snobbery has raised it's ugly head. Learned a long time ago, some are book smart and sheet simple! Some have just proven that to be true. Hammer on bigots!!!!
Perhaps if you Native aficionados should have your own website. You can then pat each other on the back while belittling those for whom you show great disdain.
BTW, let me know when all the stocked trout are gone and only natives are left. I am in my late 70's so I doubt I will still be around to see it. Many of you won't be either!
I'm done, this is an issue that never will be solved.
I do however, enjoy the intellectual camaraderie you hypocrites share.
Why do you "assume" that all hatchery fish are disease ridden? If hatchery fish are found to be infected, they are destroyed, not stocked and, the hatchery is shut down period!
There are plenty of "native trout waters" for you native only guys!
Maybe you just inadvertently started the mud-slinging and sunk a little too deep in it?So, the solution is, end hatchery fish. Those who are prefer fishing for "stocked" fish for whatever reason are punished. Those who chose only natives get to enjoy the sport.
Yes, everyone can fish for natives, but, many are not able to because of health and other reasons. To hell with them?
Watching our "expert intellectuals" on the site demean and belittle those who disagree is actually pathetic.
Obviously, it's pretty darn hard to avoid them in PA. Ironically, exactly what caused me to start questioning the whole practice in the first place. 😉Just wondering (and always looking to stir any pot I can)... 😉
Do all of the holier than though types; you know, the natives only, wild only, "never-stockers", PFBC haters out there only target and fish EXCLUSIVELY for wild fish and native species and NEVER, EVER, EVER dare tread on ANY waterway where your tackle may be soiled by inadvertently catching a non-indigenous species or heaven forbid...
...a stocker (which in my non-hypocritical book includes warmwater species)??
If not, why not...?
BTW - Takin' your kids or grandkids to the local Stocked Trout Waters crick on Opening or Mentored Youth Day isn't an excuse if your line touches the water... 😎
I mean if you aren't a phoney...
So ARE there any TRUE purists out there with the total conviction to actually practice what they preach (constantly) or are some of you just funnin' the rest of us?
Just wonderin'....
And IF you cheat sometimes...
Why?? 😉
Oh oh, you mentioned "Brown trout," be prepared for the attacks!You do realize there are other trout besides native trout and stocked trout in pennsylvania right? Like wild brown trout, wild rainbow trout etc.
We fish for non natives all the time we are not “purists” in anything we just want ecosystems that work and invasive species screw that all up. Its like saying someone who doesn’t want to start ripping parts out of a nissan without knowing what they do and trying to square peg round hole in parts from a honda. Just because we don’t want to break the whole functioning vehicle and keep its original parts where we can makes us purists?Just wondering (and always looking to stir any pot I can)... 😉
Do all of the holier than thou types; you know, the natives only, wild only, "never-stockers", PFBC haters out there only target and fish EXCLUSIVELY for wild fish and native species and NEVER, EVER, EVER dare tread on ANY waterway where your tackle may be soiled by inadvertently catching a non-indigenous species or heaven forbid...
...a stocker (which in my non-hypocritical book includes warmwater species)??
You know, places like Penns, Big Springs, Letort, Fishing Creek, Brodhead, Little J, Pine, Cross Fork, Hickory Run, etc...
If not, why not...?
BTW - Takin' your kids or grandkids to the local Stocked Trout Waters crick on Opening or Mentored Youth Day isn't an excuse if your line touches the water... 😎
I mean if you aren't a phoney...
So ARE there any TRUE purists out there with the total conviction to actually practice what they preach (constantly) or are some of you just funnin' the rest of us?
Just wonderin'....
And IF you cheat sometimes...
Why?? 😉
No because he is talking about fishing not conservation. You just cannot understand the differenceOh oh, you mentioned "Brown trout," be prepared for the attacks!
I never target stocked trout. Not because I'm holier than anyone, it just doesn't do it for me. I fish one of the Class A's that they stock and do catch stocked fish. It just is what it is. I really enjoy the water type I find on this creek and I do catch some nice fish so I'll continue to fish it.Just wondering (and always looking to stir any pot I can)... 😉
Do all of the holier than thou types; you know, the natives only, wild only, "never-stockers", PFBC haters out there only target and fish EXCLUSIVELY for wild fish and native species and NEVER, EVER, EVER dare tread on ANY waterway where your tackle may be soiled by inadvertently catching a non-indigenous species or heaven forbid...
...a stocker (which in my non-hypocritical book includes warmwater species)??
You know, places like Penns, Big Springs, Letort, Fishing Creek, Brodhead, Little J, Pine, Cross Fork, Hickory Run, etc...
If not, why not...?
BTW - Takin' your kids or grandkids to the local Stocked Trout Waters crick on Opening or Mentored Youth Day isn't an excuse if your line touches the water... 😎
I mean if you aren't a phoney...
So ARE there any TRUE purists out there with the total conviction to actually practice what they preach (constantly) or are some of you just funnin' the rest of us?
Just wonderin'....
And IF you cheat sometimes...
Why?? 😉
I've been saying this for years but something something about kids, battered women and handicapped people from the mass keeps me having to purchase them.You should not be forced to buy a stamp if you don't fish stocked water.
Plenty of places with wild brown trout that are highly accessible if you're after trout.