1 wt Orvis

Does anyone here ever dabble with a 1 weight? I've been thinking about getting one recently with Orvis's new line of Superfines. I have a 3 wt that I use a lot on smaller streams. Just think it could be fun to mess around with sometime and make fishing for some smaller fish a bit more fun. Not looking to throw a 3 nymph rig or anything with it. Just thought it would be a fun pure dry fly rod on some of these smaller streams. My only issue with it is its a 7'6" rod. Wish it was a bit shorter. Anyone have any other recommendations of rods to look into?
Not sure what ur budget is but the Scott GS 7'7" 2 Weight is an absolutely fantastic small stream stick. Obviously not a 1 weight but it is a VERY versitile rod that can throw dries like a dream and even has the backbone to handle light nymphs if needed. Great review of it here:
 
Does anyone here ever dabble with a 1 weight? I've been thinking about getting one recently with Orvis's new line of Superfines. I have a 3 wt that I use a lot on smaller streams. Just think it could be fun to mess around with sometime and make fishing for some smaller fish a bit more fun. Not looking to throw a 3 nymph rig or anything with it. Just thought it would be a fun pure dry fly rod on some of these smaller streams. My only issue with it is its a 7'6" rod. Wish it was a bit shorter. Anyone have any other recommendations of rods to look into?
Not sure what ur budget is but the Scott GS 7'7" 2 Weight is an absolutely fantastic small stream stick. Obviously not a 1 weight but it is a VERY versitile rod that can throw dries like a dream and even has the backbone to handle light nymphs. Great review here:
 
Since we're still discussing this, I'll chime in... I can't imagine using anything lighter/shorter than my 2 wt, 6'-6" rod. It's on a Batson blank and I shortened both the handle and reel seat by ~ an inch.
With the smallest low-cost reel I could find and DT-F-2 line, I really like it for creeks I can cross in 3-4 steps - especially creeks with a lot of veg in my backcast.
 
Back
Top