Yellow Breeches

Tuz

Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
37
Any thoughts on fishing the fly fishing only section of the Yellowbreeches next week? I haven’t been there in years, but I used to fish it religiously (and I hate to admit this back in the 80s and 90s). But the last time I was there it was rather disappointing. It seems like the “stream improvements” didn’t work but anyways I’m heading out that way to see some old friends and thought I might spend an afternoon there. Any thoughts?
 
That section requires a free permit through Allenberry as of earlier this year. Supposedly it is no longer stocked. Check Allenberry online for details.
 
Yeah I would try another section. I haven’t fished that section this season since they stopped stocking it, and there aren’t as many wild fish in that section as other places.

There was actually another thread on there a few days ago with some more detailed discussion about that section and the breeches in general. There was an event held at allenberry focusing on wild trout in the breeches that sparked some debate.
 
Thank you. I fished that section yesterday and was just swinging streamers across and down. I didn’t fish the Allenberry section. I fished from the Fishermen’s parking lot above children’s Lake down to the flat water above the Allenberry dam. Did they stop stocking the public section? The public fishing area above the Allenberry section. I caught a few fish, but it was not like it used to be. There’s no fish in “the run“ . I figure it’ll probably be a while before it resets after all the stream improvement work. It was a very enjoyable afternoon though, and I only saw one other guy fishing.
 
Back
Top