That new rod excitement!

T

tddeangelo

Just made the order....I wanted a rod for river bass fishing. Throw bigger stuff, through wind, farther than your average trout stream casts.

After a fair bit of talking to a friend of mine who's pretty plugged into the current rods on the market as well as reading here and Googling around the web, other forums, YouTube, Facebook, etc, I have an 8'9" 7wt Sage Payload on the way, rigged with a Lamson Liquid reel and Rio Outbound Short WFF.

While I fully realize this rod isn't everyone's cup of tea, it's exactly what I was looking for.

SMB, LMB, and snakeheads (I'm in Berks and they're here to stay, I believe) are on my summer agenda..... hope to have pics soon!

It's like Christmas in June!

I’m with you, every time a new taper comes of the bench I find myself taping guides to the blank and getting a sneak peek of what it can do 😀. It doesn’t matter it is yours fish it hard and enjoy. Joe E

I hear ya, I'm getting ready to order a 9 ft 7 wt Eternity 2 blank from hook&hackle

The rod/reel arrived today.

It's a beauty! Now I gotta get my bass flies ordered and get on the river. This rod needs to tie into some fish.

Slightly different, but I learned to fish on a 7'6" Phillipson 6wt that I really didn't know how to use (handed down to me by my mom!). I retired it for graphite pretty soon after I understood a little about casting.

At one point, after I had fished a good while, I brought it out of retirement to try for streamers for bass (it's a 6 wt, right?!). After that terrible failure, it went back in the basement for a few years.

This year, though, I figured it out. Got a 12+ foot leader on it and landed a dozen fish on dries fishing at the golden hour a few weeks ago. Not new, but I was too dumb to use it correctly before. I'm super pumped to have it in my quiver now!

I know how you feel!

I have a Redington CT Trout in 2 at being delivered today, and ordered a Taylor 6 wt Dynamix yesterday.

I look to take the Taylor with me to Yellowstone and Glacier next month.

I feel ya. Ordered a sage sonic a few weeks ago. On backorder and just found out that the ship date is pushed back another 3 weeks. Not sure if I will get it before I pack it up for the season 🤞

Back