bringthepain
Well-known member
This is by far the best advice I have ever heard, more important than any fishing tactic
Let me give you something even better then, marry a woman where you dont have to bother going thru with any of this!!
This is by far the best advice I have ever heard, more important than any fishing tactic
Hiding things from your spouse gives tacit permission for the spouse to hide things from you. Don't spring that trap.I know everyone is different, but man if I had to hide buying stuff from my wife I don't think I would feel to good about the long term outlook on my marriage.
We have 3 kids so its not like we have any extra money to blow anyhow.Hiding things from your spouse gives tacit permission for the spouse to hide things from you. Don't spring that trap.
Or don't get married. I want to run freeeeeeee!Let me give you something even better then, marry a woman where you dont have to bother going thru with any of this!!
Looking at your post about the rods you own, I suspected that.we have any extra money to blow anyhow.
Just for clarification, I have other rods. Nothing exciting or expensive, but I don't use them unless I take the kids or my wife out with me, and the kids would rather toss spinners anyhow.Looking at your post about the rods you own, I suspected that.
Just banter. Thank you for taking it well. Treat yourself to a new rod man.. if you want.Just for clarification, I have other rods. Nothing exciting or expensive, but I don't use them unless I take the kids or my wife out with me, and the kids would rather toss spinners anyhow.
I really could buy one right now if I wanted to, but I don't have a need.
Now waders are a different story. I am in desperate need of new waders and boots, but the price tags for the good stuff have me hesitant to pull the trigger at Christmas time.
Edit: also just for clarification, I have a fly tying material problem that I'd rather not discuss. 😬
And then you proceed to run the rod over with your truck...Not sure how many fly rods I own, but as far as my SO is concerned I always got an "unbelievable deal" on every one of em
my clumsiness might just be the best justification for purchasing “one more rod” I could offer.And then you proceed to run the rod over with your truck...
You're dangerous for rods, I'm dangerous for waders.my clumsiness might just be the best justification for purchasing “one more rod” I could offer.
That very well could have been my dad. Do you remember where on Pine!? I know of at least ONE time he did this...and even know the hole where he did it, as he loves to tell the story.We saw a guy on Pine Creek many years ago. He actually had a flyrod sticking out of his waders and was fishing with a spinning rod. Still cracks me up when I think about it.
It had to be 15-20 years ago. I remember the guy had a beard and looked like he was in his 20s. I don't remember where exactly but I know it was somewhere between Waterville and the bridge closest to Route 220. (Nothing's a bad idea if it works.)That very well could have been my dad. Do you remember where on Pine!? I know of at least ONE time he did this...and even know the hole where he did it, as he loves to tell the story.
Well, did he catch it?Nope that wasn't him haha! My dad did this around the Gaines area. Saw a big bruiser sitting at the mouth of a trib, couldn't get him to take any flies...so he resorted to less civilized tactics.
Yes-which is why he always tells the story.Well, did he catch it?