Smoking while fishing

On rare occasion - either/or - the pipe is a Falcon from my Dad, so there’s nostalgia involved - Borkum Riff Whiskey FTW

My Dad smoked a pipe for many years before he threw it all out in cornfield at age 35. He smoked Sir Walt (just like Jim Reeves in the ad on page 93 of every issue of Outdoor Life) with a pinch of Hickory brand pipe tobacco mixed in. He tried Borkum Riff for a while and declared it should be called Barkum Ruff. Not very smooth, evidently..
 
I can’t stand the smell of cigarette/cigar/pipe smoke in the outdoors or anywhere else for that matter. Hate when I come up on it while fishing but it’s certainly not as common as it used to be. Smoking is a disgusting, filthy habit that causes all sorts of health problems. Nothing glamorous about it. Wonder how many fisher people are limited in their ability to get off the beaten path, cover water and put in a full day simply because of poor health due to smoking. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen anyone smoking a pipe. People still do that?
yup. still do it.

I'm limited in my ability because of the OTHER DRUG: IE-food and idleness. Though, not so much anymore as I've been able to maintain significant weight loss over the last 3.5 years. But I reckon that's a greater cause of poor health for most folks than a dude who smokes a pipe a couple times a month.
 
Back
Top