I'm a former cigarette smoker and admitted nicotine addict. I once quit smoking soon after burning through my line (mono on a spin rod), while I was holding the cig in my reel hand. A few years later after quitting cigarettes, I thought I could have a cigar while fishing. The promise I made to myself was "only while fishing". I fished almost every day for the next 6 months and soon broke down to buying cigarettes. These days I use the nicotine pouches, like Zyn and On.
A Perdomo Lot 23 robusto is the ticket
That's how long I've been a smoker. Being a pack a day smoker for many years, I at least cut back to a half pack a day, about ten years ago. I remember saying I'll quit when smokes go to $.75 a pack. I'm now paying $9.15 a pack.I was smart enough to quit cigarettes while I was still in high school, A LONG time ago when a pack of smokes was under a $1.00.
I will be adding that to my humidor to try. My go to is from My Father their “The Judge” in grand robustoFishing more pleasurable with a good Ashton Corona!
This sounds quite a bit like my story.. I smoked cigarettes at a rate of 30-40/day for about 20 years, then finally quit in 1990. Stayed that way for about 6 years until I was fishing a Mifflin County freestone one day and the gnats were like a fog. I couldn't hack it and retreated to a convenience store and bought a pack of the cheapest cigarillos they had. That fixed the gnat problem but it also put me right back on cigarettes for the next five years. Finally, I quit for good in 2000 after Petunia explained to me that cigarettes were particularly bad for my health because if I didn't get off them, she might coldcock me with a ball bat.I'm a former cigarette smoker and admitted nicotine addict. I once quit smoking soon after burning through my line (mono on a spin rod), while I was holding the cig in my reel hand. A few years later after quitting cigarettes, I thought I could have a cigar while fishing. The promise I made to myself was "only while fishing". I fished almost every day for the next 6 months and soon broke down to buying cigarettes. These days I use the nicotine pouches, like Zyn and On.