Praying mantis

Really big one hunting on our porch after dark a couple weeks ago. This is the only kind I’ve ever seen. The one with the huge butt is super interesting.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0800.jpeg
    IMG_0800.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 11
One of my fishing buds is a sweet guy but not that smart. He called me over to see the praying mantis that landed on his reel. Still some cool pics even if he's no entomologist. No, we did not catch the crick chub on a stick bug, but we could have used some help that morning 😉

20260906_095130-COLLAGE.jpg
 
I left about an acre of maybe 1.5 acres just turn into sort of a wild meadow, and this year (this is the first year I've allowed it to go all wild) it is overflowing with mantises.
 
I see many more PM’s now than I ever did growing up in the ‘60’s and ‘70’s.
 
is it the same for everyone else that I only really start to see them in late summer and more so in late September ?
 
Back
Top