PFBC FALL AND WINTER TROUT STOCKING TO BEGIN OCTOBER 1!

Thanks Tom, I really appreciate the tip! Oh wait, does this mean he can't see my reply?

Cool! In that case, does anyone else here remember what color Power Bait he used to break out of his long slump on wild brookie streams? Thinking about mailing some to cheer him up. It'll be a fun surprise since he can't see my posts here anymore.
Tim,

This has gone far enough. The original thread was simply about the PFBC fall and winter stocking schedule. It has now repeatedly turned into personal comments about other members and arguments about the site and its moderation. Your latest post continues that.

Our policies and guidelines have been in place for many years. These three sections sum them up best:

Be respectful of other members. Challenge another person's point of view or opinion, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Personal attacks, insults, belligerence, profanity directed at others, and hostile or abusive behavior are not acceptable.

Disagree with ideas, not people. Strong opinions about fishing methods, species, stocking, conservation, regulations, fisheries management, or any other fishing-related subject are welcome. Do not ridicule, attack, or harass other members because of the type of fishing they enjoy or the opinions they hold.

Moderation decisions. Public arguments about moderation or individual moderator decisions are not permitted. If you disagree with a warning, deleted or edited post, or another moderation decision, contact the moderator or an administrator privately. Respectful disagreement with a moderator is fine; turning a discussion thread into an argument about moderation is not.

You do not have to agree with me, the moderators, or other members here. You don't have to agree with our policies either. You are welcome to strongly disagree about stocking, wild trout management, conservation, fisheries management, or just about anything else related to fly fishing. What you do have to do, if you choose to participate here, is follow the same guidelines that apply to everyone else.

So we have two choices going forward:

1. You can remain a member of Paflyfish and agree to follow the site guidelines going forward.

2. You can tell me that you no longer want to participate, and I will close your account at your request.


Please reply to this post within 24 hours with one of those two answers. I'm not asking for another debate about the guidelines or what has happened in this thread. I'm simply asking you to decide whether you want to remain part of this community under the same guidelines as everyone else.

If you choose to stay, that's the end of this and we move on. If you ask me to close your account, I will do so. If you don't respond within 24 hours, I'll close the account.

The choice is yours.

Dave
 
Thanks Tom, I really appreciate the tip! Oh wait, does this mean he can't see my reply?

Cool! In that case, does anyone else here remember what color Power Bait he used to break out of his long slump on wild brookie streams? Thinking about mailing some to cheer him up. It'll be a fun surprise since he can't see my posts here anymore.
Assuming you are talking about me, don't worry, I'm not a blocker.

And I'm more of a corn or nightcrawler kind of guy.
 
Tim,

This has gone far enough. The original thread was simply about the PFBC fall and winter stocking schedule. It has now repeatedly turned into personal comments about other members and arguments about the site and its moderation. Your latest post continues that.

Our policies and guidelines have been in place for many years. These three sections sum them up best:

Be respectful of other members. Challenge another person's point of view or opinion, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Personal attacks, insults, belligerence, profanity directed at others, and hostile or abusive behavior are not acceptable.

Disagree with ideas, not people. Strong opinions about fishing methods, species, stocking, conservation, regulations, fisheries management, or any other fishing-related subject are welcome. Do not ridicule, attack, or harass other members because of the type of fishing they enjoy or the opinions they hold.

Moderation decisions. Public arguments about moderation or individual moderator decisions are not permitted. If you disagree with a warning, deleted or edited post, or another moderation decision, contact the moderator or an administrator privately. Respectful disagreement with a moderator is fine; turning a discussion thread into an argument about moderation is not.

You do not have to agree with me, the moderators, or other members here. You don't have to agree with our policies either. You are welcome to strongly disagree about stocking, wild trout management, conservation, fisheries management, or just about anything else related to fly fishing. What you do have to do, if you choose to participate here, is follow the same guidelines that apply to everyone else.

So we have two choices going forward:

1. You can remain a member of Paflyfish and agree to follow the site guidelines going forward.

2. You can tell me that you no longer want to participate, and I will close your account at your request.


Please reply to this post within 24 hours with one of those two answers. I'm not asking for another debate about the guidelines or what has happened in this thread. I'm simply asking you to decide whether you want to remain part of this community under the same guidelines as everyone else.

If you choose to stay, that's the end of this and we move on. If you ask me to close your account, I will do so. If you don't respond within 24 hours, I'll close the account.

The choice is yours.

Dave
Hahaha
 
Tim,

This has gone far enough. The original thread was simply about the PFBC fall and winter stocking schedule. It has now repeatedly turned into personal comments about other members and arguments about the site and its moderation. Your latest post continues that.

Our policies and guidelines have been in place for many years. These three sections sum them up best:

Be respectful of other members. Challenge another person's point of view or opinion, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Personal attacks, insults, belligerence, profanity directed at others, and hostile or abusive behavior are not acceptable.

Disagree with ideas, not people. Strong opinions about fishing methods, species, stocking, conservation, regulations, fisheries management, or any other fishing-related subject are welcome. Do not ridicule, attack, or harass other members because of the type of fishing they enjoy or the opinions they hold.

Moderation decisions. Public arguments about moderation or individual moderator decisions are not permitted. If you disagree with a warning, deleted or edited post, or another moderation decision, contact the moderator or an administrator privately. Respectful disagreement with a moderator is fine; turning a discussion thread into an argument about moderation is not.

You do not have to agree with me, the moderators, or other members here. You don't have to agree with our policies either. You are welcome to strongly disagree about stocking, wild trout management, conservation, fisheries management, or just about anything else related to fly fishing. What you do have to do, if you choose to participate here, is follow the same guidelines that apply to everyone else.

So we have two choices going forward:

1. You can remain a member of Paflyfish and agree to follow the site guidelines going forward.

2. You can tell me that you no longer want to participate, and I will close your account at your request.


Please reply to this post within 24 hours with one of those two answers. I'm not asking for another debate about the guidelines or what has happened in this thread. I'm simply asking you to decide whether you want to remain part of this community under the same guidelines as everyone else.

If you choose to stay, that's the end of this and we move on. If you ask me to close your account, I will do so. If you don't respond within 24 hours, I'll close the account.

The choice is yours.

Dave
Fair enough Dave, I'm surprised you let it get this far. I'm familiar with the policies and in favor of them. As long as they're implemented across the board, which, based on this thread and other recent visits, they are not. If you care, you might want to take a look at that. For me, it's always been about issues, not personalities - until someone makes it personal. Then, I react in kind, as any good Philly boy would.

If you are willing to implement the policies evenly across the board, I'd stick around. If not, so be it.
 
Fair enough Dave, I'm surprised you let it get this far. I'm familiar with the policies and in favor of them. As long as they're implemented across the board, which, based on this thread and other recent visits, they are not. If you care, you might want to take a look at that. For me, it's always been about issues, not personalities - until someone makes it personal. Then, I react in kind, as any good Philly boy would.

If you are willing to implement the policies evenly across the board, I'd stick around. If not, so be it.
Tim,

The question wasn't conditional. I gave you two choices and I'm asking you to choose one:
1. Remain a member of Paflyfish and agree to follow the site guidelines going forward.
2. Tell me that you no longer want to participate, and I'll close your account at your request.

Please choose 1 or 2.

Dave
 
This just needs said. And read.

I was not yet a moderator during the Brookie thread derailment era. I was a long time member of the site though, and I think it’s fairly well known that I fish small streams a lot and enjoy fishing for native Brook Trout. That being said, I took a several month break from the site, and considered not returning during this time. Not because I agreed or disagreed with the pro Brookie guys, or the moderating staff, at the time. I almost left because I wasn’t enjoying myself on PAFF. If I was enjoying participating in a thread about Redbreast Sunfish, or fishing Hoppers, or Cooper cheese, or whatever (note, these are not specific examples necessarily, I don’t remember, but in attempt to illustrate my point), I didn’t want it ruined and turned into a Brookie conservation thread. Not that I don’t think conservation of Brook Trout is important, it absolutely is. I just didn’t want to talk about it in threads where the OP (and everyone else) had no intention of talking about it. 100%, there were very knowledgeable members who left, and never returned, or have returned only in a limited capacity, because of this time period on the website. They told me this to my face, while fishing with them. And it was always the same…“I agree we should do more to protect Brook Trout, but gosh darn it I don’t want to talk about it in every thread.”

We all get that thread derailments happen sometimes naturally and unintentionally. And that’s ok. Part of participating in an online message board. When it’s happening repeatedly, to the point that there are several derailed threads taken over by the same Brookie conservation discussion (or whatever), initiated by the same small group of members, at the same time, and a large portion of the viewership is aware of it and turned off by it, that’s a problem.

It absolutely was a respect issue. It was never the what. It was the where that was a problem. Brookie conservation discussions and talking about the impact of stocking over Brook Trout was, is, and will continue to be perfectly fine, and something we should be talking about. Repeatedly turning threads not about Brook Trout conservation (or whatever) into threads about Brook Trout conservation (or whatever) is not. And it’s just plain disrespectful to everyone else participating on the site. Period. And if you can’t see the plain, clear, and objective distinction there, then you’re just looking for trouble, attempting to manipulate, and aren’t participating in the forum in good faith.

So enough of the “PAFF doesn’t support Brook Trout” BS. I love Brook Trout, and I take that personally. Take a look around the website right now for all the threads promoting native Brook Trout angling in PA. Give me a break.
 
Does this help any???

Hardy Girl - Copy.jpg
 
Can’t someone just us AI to resolve this dispute?
 
Back
Top