PAFF Casting Tune Up, June 13th, Milesburg Pa.

Barring any emergencies I plan on attending. (My mother-in-law was just admitted to the hospital in Maryland again so we will have to see what happens.) I will be staying overnight on Saturday definitely and possibly Friday if I can swing it.
A few questions:
!. Are folks staying any place in particular?
2. What is needed as far as food and drink for the get together in the park? I would like to contribute since I am certain that I will be walking away with more knowledge than what I came with!
3. How do I get to the park in Milesburg?

I am really looking forward to a lot of fine tuning to my fly fishing!

Thanks!
Darrell

I will bring the TFO Glass 3/4.

And if anyone desires (assuming the water is nearby), I can bring Echo DH II 6.5wt and Echo 6wt Glass two handed rods. In the event anyone has been wanting to cast some slower two handed rods to see how they RESPOND :) I have TFO Deer Creek Switch Rods as well if you are new to the dark side and just want to figure out what might work for you prior to dumping a bunch of money on it (which is a very smart move).

And....because there are certain folks out there that are struggling with casting wet socks for esox (Geo), I will bring the TFO Esox 12wt as well. I suspect your greatest struggles with this could simply be not having the right balanced set-up with the right line. Once you iron that out...the casting is much easier. Also, I'm assuming most of you wanting to cast this stuff have significant casting experience. If you don't, that can be some of the issue. Casting 12" streamers gets hairy real quick and really exposes casting issues. So, we can hammer out any of that for you as well. Sound fundamentals and a little hauling is what you need.

Let me know if any of this appeals to you and I will make it so!

Bring me a H2 10ft 3wt. Lol

SBecker wrote:
Bring me a H2 10ft 3wt. Lol

I'll let you look at my Helios 7'6" 3wt :)

What good is a 7'6"? Tomato stake?

Darrell,

There is no specific place to stay. I am staying at a friends house in Bellefonte. I know many of us are planning on fishing spring creek somewhere (haven't decided where yet) on saturday morning. I can let you know when we decide if you want to meet.

As far as food goes, I am on the fence. I am seriously considering bringing my grill (it's not huge.) but that will be a decision for next week. in the mean time just figure on bringing whatever you would like. I will have a camp stove and grill for sure there.

The casting spot for the event will be here:

Milesburg, PA

40.941439, -77.787274

You will see us setting up when you pull up.

Mark me down as 'on the fence with a butt full of splinters'.

I was hoping to finally get the new boat on the Delaware that Saturday but who knows if there will be any water in the river at that time. If the big river flows are poor, I'll come up and get in some casting practice. I'm sure I could use the help as my lack of fishing is cropping up in poor mechanics that I noticed last week.

SBecker wrote:
What good is a 7'6"? Tomato stake?

I keep forgetting if it's no use to you...it's no use to anyone ;-)

Awesome Kray!

I have been wanting to head up to the big D as well but heard about the flows and backed off. I'm thinking maybe around the 27th...but who knows.

I need to remember to bring my collapsible sun shade tent so we can grill out of the sun. BYOC (Bring your own chairs!)

Staring to round up supplies for Saturday. Looking forward to a great day honing our skills.

I thought I could make it but I won't be home from work until Saturday morning.

Bummer Cathy. We will miss you!

Yeah, oldest baseball playoffs. Schedule got changed around due to the bad storms Monday. Wish I could make it but won't be able to.

Another bummer.

Well, i guess the rest of us will have to eat and drink the extra brats and beer. Shucks.

TimRobinsin wrote:
Another bummer.

Well, i guess the rest of us will have to eat and drink the extra brats and beer. Shucks.

Just promise me the beer & brats will have a lesser effect on me than our Chinese New Years party. My truck still don't smell quite right.... :pint:

I'm headed out thursday to get the brats. They are authentic German style Brats made by Stoltzfus Meats in Paradise. Then they spend two days in the fridge soaking in PBR. I'm pretty stoked about this batch.

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to bump ya'll about the Casting Comp on the 20th....I know this meet up isn't exclusively for the comp, but seeing the interest in this practice session, just wanted to bump you guys about entry into the comp as the entries I have in hand don't quite reflect the interest being shown here. Technically the pre-reg deadline is this Friday the 12th, but if you shoot me a note I'll put you on the list and we can handle the paperwork on Saturday morning, I will also be taking day of registrations.

Full details are on our website: www.pacvtu.org

Thanks guys, have fun Saturday, wish I could make it and hope to see ya'll next week!

tomitrout,

I read the application and we're o.k. as long as it is postmarked no later than the 12th. This avoids late fee of $30.

How many are registered so far?

Dave R.

I've got a few and have heard plenty of verbals...

Just picked up the 8' x 8' expandable sun shade. Getting brats and more supplies tomorrow.

Tomi - I am in. Just need to send in the paper work and $.

Back