tomgamber
Well-known member
I truly miss lake trout fishing like I did in Idaho. From damsels in the film, to 40ft deep chironomids, to big streamers/leeches/big bugger pulls. Dries at 7,8,9,000ft altitude. Kokanee on wets and a sinking line. LAKES! IYKYK. If ya don't, you don't. Your loss. Really.
I also love river and stream fishing. But I like the option. Places where you can't wade but electric motors and float tubes and float tubes WITH electric motors are allowed. Streams where obvious spawning times are closed but all lakes and big rivers are open all year. They stock but still have plenty of wild fish. Special regs FOR wild fish. Pretty much every water holds fish. If youre holding up more than 3 cars, you must pull out and let them pass. Almost like they know what they're doing. Truly the last best place on earth.
In SWPA my 'I have an hour free after work' option is an open all year stocked lake. Period. I'm ok with that. I'm never the only one fishing. I'm never the only one with a fly rod. I'm never always fishing for trout. Crappie, LM bass, carp, Sunnies are all on the menu. I'm ok with that. (Honestly if I never fish for anything but panfish again, I'm ok with that). But one lake , in this case two connected lakes, provide an unbelievable amount of recreational opportunities for the public in a somewhat heavily populated area. If youre against that, youre just a turd.
I also love river and stream fishing. But I like the option. Places where you can't wade but electric motors and float tubes and float tubes WITH electric motors are allowed. Streams where obvious spawning times are closed but all lakes and big rivers are open all year. They stock but still have plenty of wild fish. Special regs FOR wild fish. Pretty much every water holds fish. If youre holding up more than 3 cars, you must pull out and let them pass. Almost like they know what they're doing. Truly the last best place on earth.
In SWPA my 'I have an hour free after work' option is an open all year stocked lake. Period. I'm ok with that. I'm never the only one fishing. I'm never the only one with a fly rod. I'm never always fishing for trout. Crappie, LM bass, carp, Sunnies are all on the menu. I'm ok with that. (Honestly if I never fish for anything but panfish again, I'm ok with that). But one lake , in this case two connected lakes, provide an unbelievable amount of recreational opportunities for the public in a somewhat heavily populated area. If youre against that, youre just a turd.