Is there a big difference in expensive fly line?

I also use the micro abrasive cloths made by Rio and SA at least on the newer fly lines. I first run the line through a damp micro fiber cloth then clean the line with the micro abrasive cloth. After using the cloth you can feel the plasticizers on the surface of the fly line.
 
I personally don't think there is a BIG difference from the frequency line to the top tier stuff.

I take it coiling is the problem? Before I fish I strip out about 30 feet of line and stretch it and the leader by pulling it across the pad of my thumb a couple times, stopping every foot and a half or so and pulling it tight with both hands.

I don't recommend using one of those leader straightener leather things. It puts too much heat into it.
Hello dudemanspecial

Have you used Scientific Angler “frequency” double taper fly line if so did you like it. The savings is about $25 from the mastery series.

Thanks
 
Whether or not these features matter to you is up to you and allow me to add I have never owned a SciAngler Frequency DT but...

The extra $25 for a Mastery DT gets you welded loops on both ends, Dry Tip technology, a short concave front taper for excellent close-in rod loading with delicate presentation, the line size permanently marked on the line.
 
Back
Top