jayL
Well-known member
- Joined
- Jan 2, 2007
- Messages
- 9,948
This isn't a fishing question really, but the answers would be helpful to the non-wading hiking fisherman.
I'm going on an easy two night 12 mile hike next weekend, and have a question about the socks I should use.
I have a thigh high pair of thick wool wading socks for their warm when wet factor. They don't keep my feet very warm, but with boot foot waders, not much will. They keep me comfortable enough to fish.
I was going to wear them on my hike next weekend, but am having second thoughts about that. What kind of socks would you recommend for a winter hike? I'm wondering what kind of synthetics there are. I don't think cotton is any good, is it?
I'm going on an easy two night 12 mile hike next weekend, and have a question about the socks I should use.
I have a thigh high pair of thick wool wading socks for their warm when wet factor. They don't keep my feet very warm, but with boot foot waders, not much will. They keep me comfortable enough to fish.
I was going to wear them on my hike next weekend, but am having second thoughts about that. What kind of socks would you recommend for a winter hike? I'm wondering what kind of synthetics there are. I don't think cotton is any good, is it?