Geologist with an interest in NWPA streams

Lithic

New member
Joined
Sep 28, 2026
Messages
2
City
Erie
I guess I'm a bit of an oddball here since I'm not an angler. I'm a geologist and a lifelong resident of NWPA, and I'm doing a bit of research in some of the local creeks. They offer some great rock exposures and are themselves part of the geology. That, and some of my favorite times as a kid were spent in those creeks.
I came across this forum because I've actually found some really useful information, things like stream access and posted areas, on fishing sites. So I figured this would be a good place to go and talk creeks.
 
Welcome aboard!
 
welcome. NWPA is an interesting area! would love to hear more about the groundwater and spring supported systems that are around.
 
Screen name checks out. Welcome. I was a Geoscience major in college but went down the path of IT. I at times regret that change, as I find I'd rather be looking at rocks and streams, than PCs and screens, especially the older I get, with the rate of change in technology being more than I can process any more. I have a brother that lives in NWPA, so I make it there every year or so, either to visit, or on a biennial fishing trip to the greater NWPA in the fall.
 
Welcome. I'm very interested in fluvial geomorphology, especially as it relates to PA trout streams and their floodplains. If you have anything on those topics, that would be great.
 
Back
Top