Fall stockings (oil creek)

JSky

Active member
Joined
Jun 4, 2022
Messages
109
City
Western, PA
Any updates on fall stockings around the state? I stopped by Oil Creek the day after it was supposed to be stocked but I saw low water, no fish and no anglers so I’m guessing maybe the stocking was delayed or cancelled. I called the fish commission, they told me to call the hatchery and they never answer the phone.

If anyone knows if Oil was stocked please let me know. The state doesn’t make it easy to find out when they cancel a stocking and I’m tired of driving long distances to fish water that wasnt stocked.
 
I believe it was stocked as planned - I stopped into the Fly Stop over the weekend and am pretty certain the owner mentioned that it was stocked during the week.

Their hours are limited, but maybe try calling the shop to confirm.
 
In general and often part of the spring stocking, the PFBC puts a notice up on their site if they make changes. This is often seen for the spring stocking when some of the ice is still cover the streams or more of an issue stocking truck have difficulty getting into an area.

Looks like to me there are no notices and would assume that section got stocked. Enjoy!

Screenshot 2026-10-07 at 9.04.55 AM.JPG
 
In general and often part of the spring stocking, the PFBC puts a notice up on their site if they make changes. This is often seen for the spring stocking when some of the ice is still cover the streams or more of an issue stocking truck have difficulty getting into an area.

Looks like to me there are no notices and would assume that section got stocked. Enjoy!

View attachment 1641254328
I checked the website, but saw no fish and no fishermen on the stream. Last year the day after stocking there were 50 fishermen there so I was hoping somebody might know if they cancelled or rescheduled. The water is pretty low, so I figured the date might be changed.
 
Its a large stream
And even at low flows, still plenty of water to hold fish

As long as the temp wasn't too high - and given the recent air temps we've had lately, that should have been fine - dont see any reason for a cancellation
 
Back
Top