Butterflies 2026

On my Asters today. There were two. The caterpillar was on my swamp milkweed but seemed to move to my tomatoes!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3084.jpeg
    IMG_3084.jpeg
    492.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3088.jpeg
    IMG_3088.jpeg
    441.9 KB · Views: 28
Here’s one on my waders as we were soaking up some late afternoon sun on Penn’s at Ingleby!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3147.jpeg
    IMG_3147.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3148.jpeg
    IMG_3148.jpeg
    562.6 KB · Views: 32
Here is a straggler I saw this morning while removing porcelain berry at the monarch waystation in Hershey.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3260.jpeg
    IMG_3260.jpeg
    485.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3261.jpeg
    IMG_3261.jpeg
    473.9 KB · Views: 8
What plant are they on?

I'll have to ID that plant when I get home this weekend. Am sitting in the 'Point' brewery taproom (Stevens Point, WI) right now, wetting my whistle on my way to camp in northern WI to chase brookies for a few days. That spot on our property gets loaded with them on certain days during the fall migration in Sept/Oct if we get a decent cold front/steady north wind fetch; usually neo-tropical songbirds with them, too.

Joe
 
Back
Top