Lehigh River Stocking Association Poker Tournament

SBecker

SBecker

Hopefully this is the proper place for me to post this. I just wanted to let everybody know that we will be having a Texas Hold Em' Tournament on September 11th to benefit the Lehigh River Stocking Association. This Fundraiser will be held at Grouse Hall Rod and Gun Club in Ironton, 15 minutes from Allentown. If anybody needs directions I will be happy to provide them to you. Having this event will put a big boost in the amount of fish that go into the Lehigh in the Spring. Hope to see some of you out there and even if you can not make it I hope you can pass this along to your poker friends.

Thanks,
LRSABecker

Thanks for posting. What are the specifics - time, buy in, etc?

I should be able to round up some guys for the event - who knows, maybe there will be enough water and cooler temps by then to fish that day!!!

Sorry guys here is the info.

Saturday, September 11th
Grouse Hall Rod and Gun Club
3335 Levans Rd
Coplay, PA 18037.......It is actually in the town of Ironton
50 Dollars to Buy In
12:00 start time

Now in regards to Pay out, we have not decided that as of yet because we still have a board meeting before the event. I was thinking pay out should be 30%. How do some of you feel about that? to low or high or just right for a charity event? Also, have not decided on buying back in. would not mind hearing from you guys on that aspect as well.

Thanks Again,
LRSABecker

I think 30% is a bit low. 40% may be more attractive to draw players. As for the buy in, yes and no. We did a tourney once where it was a $25 entry and you were afforded unlimited number of "buy back ins" for the first 30 minutes only. The catch was that there was an additional fee for each buy in. $25 to enter, $40 to buy back in. There's my 2 cents.

Thinking 40% pay out 50 dollar buy in, 40 dollar re-buy for the first 30 minutes. The time is the only other thing. I figure people will be more willing to come to an earlier event so they have there night to do want they want but, it is archery season so I am wondering if we should have it a little later. Accepting all comments and suggestions.

What will the proceeds be used for?

To put me through college. What do you think they are going to be used for? LOL All money that the LRSA receives in donations, members dues or fundraising events go's to putting fish in the river. THATS IT.

Geez, Sorry I even bothered ask! On second thought maybe I wont be attending!

LoL you do realize I was trying to be funny. Might be best for you not to show up that way you will not lose your money to me :p

Instead of just buying fish, why dont you do something that will benefit the river? Like cleaning up amd, trash, or lobbying to have the flows adjusted? Your never gonna turn it into a "World Class" by just stocking?

I sent you my opinions on the tournament structure under PM. 60% vig is very high, but people should realize that they are playing for charity/bragging rights.

Gonna drop some knowledge on you. The LRSA is in the process of going for a grant so we can put a Alaskan fish ladder on the Pohopoco Dam at Parryville. We are also in the beginning process of doing a stream study of the Po to do a stream enhancements (Boulders, Breakers ect.) We are then also going to do the same to the Lehigh at the confluence and below. Also, we have water quality probes at each tributary from Allentown to Jim Thorpe that send us info daily wireless. We are currently working with the LCFA on drafting a letter to the PAFBC and the ACOE to revise the operations manual of Beltzville Dam. There are other things that we are doing for the river but I am drawing a blank right now. So as you can see we are not just a stocking organization. The LRSA's main priorities are stocking fish and we do not use any donations for any other use. We only use our members donations for fish because thats what they want. All other projects have to come from grants or specific donations from other organizations or deep pockets. So, if you would like to make a large donation for stream enhancements we will be happy to put it to that exact use. You could come to a meeting and learn about all this too.

Hey Jdaddy did recieve your PM and thank you for the suggestions. 60% is somewhat high but like you said this is a charity and we are providing some food and a keg for this event. But, that is still not set in stone and it will not be more then 60% it might still be lower. Just putting feelers out there for suggestions.

UPDATE:

Tournament will start around 5ish and pay out will be atleast 50%, It will be higher depending on the amount of people.

If a couple of people want to car pool up there for the donkament let me know. If a couple other people go along I probably will go. Leaving from Reading area. We could make a night of it and head over to Sands in Bethlehem and get smashed at a 3/6 table.

Very slight chance for me, jeff. I haven't played in a while, and drunk 3/6 sounds like a blast.

and drunk 3/6 sounds like a blast.

Doesn't it? Nothing like getting 4-5 friends on a table and re-raising blind while all the local rocks curse, real loudly, looking for a table change.

J I might be interested in joining you over at the Sands especially such I will have some extra cash after winning our Tournament.

R U 21? Those must be some old photos you posted or you just look young!

BTW, I may have screwed the pooch on this one as I think I will be running a Tully TU fundraiser thing 9/11 at the Hay Creek Festival.

Back