MJMFlyfisher
Well-known member
For sale.....my trusty Winston LTX 9' #4 , 3 piece
Rod has the usual Winston style polished nickel silver reel seat. Uplocking with zebrawood insert.
This was to my remembering Winston's first "fast action" rod introduced around 2001. I think it was their attempt to go after the Sage XP and the shift into the market wanting a "faster" rod.
This is a 4 weight but it fishes like a "strong" 4. Don't think in terms of a delicate Winston IM6 ....this is a "do it all" type rod that will handle any nymphing or light streamer work you'd want to do in addition to dries.
It even handles a standard mono rig very well.
I fished it primarily with a Rio Premier Gold #4 and it loved that line. Throws it like a laser.
This was my primary dry fly rod on bigger water like Penns, First Fork etc. but I used it just as much nymphing and throwing small streamers on a mono rig.
Reel seat cap has the usual hairline scratching you'd expect to see, but the blank seems to be great as does the rest of the seat and wood insert.
Will ship anywhere in the state for $400.
$375 if someone is local enough to pick it up.
PayPal or cash pick up.
Shoot me a PM with any questions or interest so I can establish a timeline if more than one person is interested.
Rod has the usual Winston style polished nickel silver reel seat. Uplocking with zebrawood insert.
This was to my remembering Winston's first "fast action" rod introduced around 2001. I think it was their attempt to go after the Sage XP and the shift into the market wanting a "faster" rod.
This is a 4 weight but it fishes like a "strong" 4. Don't think in terms of a delicate Winston IM6 ....this is a "do it all" type rod that will handle any nymphing or light streamer work you'd want to do in addition to dries.
It even handles a standard mono rig very well.
I fished it primarily with a Rio Premier Gold #4 and it loved that line. Throws it like a laser.
This was my primary dry fly rod on bigger water like Penns, First Fork etc. but I used it just as much nymphing and throwing small streamers on a mono rig.
Reel seat cap has the usual hairline scratching you'd expect to see, but the blank seems to be great as does the rest of the seat and wood insert.
Will ship anywhere in the state for $400.
$375 if someone is local enough to pick it up.
PayPal or cash pick up.
Shoot me a PM with any questions or interest so I can establish a timeline if more than one person is interested.
Last edited: