Bamboozle wrote:
FarmerDave wrote:
I did my own search for actual forecast for that day, for Allentown area, and all I could find was predicted showers and T showers. Chance of precip 86%.
What was more telling was the warnings I received via email from my home county of Berks.
I must have received at least 10 from Saturday through Monday all warning of flash floods in a multi county area due to the forecast which seemed tame unless you looked deeper into the projected accumulation estimates.
I am relatively sure the same warning system is in place for residents of Lehigh, Carbon & Monroe but whether the outfitter or their clients would have heeded the warnings is open to speculation.
I was out and about over the weekend and Monday and experienced four road closures in less than 4 miles due to flooding.
If I had exceptions on getting to the Poconos or Carbon County via my normal routes I would have had a very difficult time getting there. Even my old hood in Delco got absolutely clobbered with water rescues on suburban streets.
Heck all you had to do is catch the local news on TV or the Internet...!!
Anybody getting anywhere near any moving body of water with that reality staring you in the face is an idiot.