Penns Creek Ingelby

J

JeffP

I got to fish this stretch for the 1st time this weekend. A friend has a cabin right on the stream! It was an awesome weekend. I missed 3 big ones on Friday but only caught a couple. A friend cleaned up during a March Brown spinner fall in the huge hole upstream of the cabin. It is an awesome hole both long and deep. It was almost impossibe to wade. Do any of you guys fish this stretch? I really liked it. Saw snakes, turtles, huge woodpeckers and other birds, and turtles. What a spot for a cabin! If you are familiar with the stretch, it was a swing and 2 benches right on the stream.

I think I saw you guys last night .... by the A frame cabin , I was downstream of you. I had a nice Saturday night .. March browns came down around 8pm ... had some nice fish rising. I got a nice one on a MB parachute spinner ... missed a couple others. had to be careful wading.

Or maybe you were up by Omaha Beach?

Just got off same area tonight ( Sunday night ). Water was up, a lot more color to it. I think I was the only person there. very tricky wading ... didn't see one rise. but it was very peaceful.

Ingleby is a cool place. last year while I was walking downstream on the rail trail ... a bear blasted out of the woods 30 yards in front of me ... and kept right on going. I was wide awake after that.

Back at cottage now - listening to WSOV ... Sounds of the Valley ... "Yours Truly - Johnny Dollar"!

We were the last cabin right along the stream. It has 2 benches and a swing. We came back early and were sitting on the deck for the last hour. 3 guys moved up right in front of the cabin. I caught a rainbow as it got dark. Wading was pretty brutal.I fell in twice on Friday. Great weekend and beautiful water.

I got to fish this stretch for the 1st time this weekend. A friend has a cabin right on the stream! It was an awesome weekend. I missed 3 big ones on Friday but only caught a couple. A friend cleaned up during a March Brown spinner fall in the huge hole upstream of the cabin. It is an awesome hole both long and deep. It was almost impossibe to wade. Do any of you guys fish this stretch? I really liked it. Saw snakes, turtles, huge woodpeckers and other birds, and turtles. What a spot for a cabin! If you are familiar with the stretch, it was a swing and 2 benches right on the stream.
I am heading up this weekend to fish Penns creek for the 1st time any tips and any sign of Green drakes

Nah, too early for drakes. Possibly a few pioneers down around Weikert, but sulphers and march browns will steal the show.

Beware, Penns remains very high.

I fished that stretch last year. Hoping to go back again soon. Anyone know if cabins for rent on Penn’s in that area or even downstream?

Poe Valley SP has some camping cabins. Other than that, surf around VRBO and see what private stuff you can find.

I fished that stretch last year. Hoping to go back again soon. Anyone know if cabins for rent on Penn’s in that area or even downstream?
I have a cabin for rent west of Weikert, about A 90 second walk to the creek. I am fully booked until the day after Memorial Day but if you are interested in the beginning of June, check it out. Www.weikertcabin.com. (I am not on VBRO or AirBnB)

Beautiful place weikertgal!

thanks! My family has been there for four generations and thankfully, my husband loves it as well. Idle Hour sat empty for 20 years before we bought it and did a complete renovation.

Try texting Craig Shroyer at 828-2420805. He may have his cabin available today until 6/3. Place is right in Coburn on Pine Creek which is trib of Penns. Ingleby is short drive from there.

Back