PA License Buttons... If You Ordered, Did You Get Them?

Not trying to pry but do any of the volunteer permits they offer meet the program you’re trying to donate to? Could be one route to go...

I donate annually to the CAP Program that was created solely for the purpose of raising funds to acquire access. The money isn't used just for wild trout, trout streams, trout bass or whatever but anywhere fishing access "security" is needed.

I donate specifically to CAP because I feel it is a really worthy cause AND they get matching funds so my money is effectively doubled. I could donate money to secure access on the HuntFishPA website, but for some cockamamie reason that donation ISN'T going to CAP so the donation isn't matched which is REALLY stupid IMHO. That leaves mailing in a donation the only option if I want more bang for my buck.

The problem is NOBODY and mean NOBODY in the PFBC knows about this program save for one or two people. Over the 20+ years I've made donations, I've asked WCO's, AFM's and people in Harrisburg if they know about the program and the answer is always the same, NO which is beyond comprehension to me.

As a result, I mail in a donation, it goes to the single PFBC PO Box, the Elmerton Avenue mailroom gets the letter saying "CAP" Program, the person sorting the mail says, "WTF is CAP and who gets this letter," everyone is clueless because the one person that knows is out sick (true story) so the check just sits in a drawer...

...in my case FOR TWO YEARS!!!!!!

It is ridiculous, but I don't want to give up due to incompetence because I believe strongly in the concept of government secured public access thorough means other than eminent domain.

I just REALLY wish they would get their act together...

Thanks for the info… I asked for this exact reason, had no idea that program existed! Sounds like I need to do some digging myself as this is much of what I was thinking regarding buying voluntary permits.

Im also a fan of them, and have bought one since they came out( again).
Really liked the fish skin designs on the early ones, last couple years they’re just regular. Not much nostalgic about them now.
The brookie button, which I really like, is the last one I bought. It's still on my vest. Crimped, so I don't lose it.

I donate annually to the CAP Program that was created solely for the purpose of raising funds to acquire access. The money isn't used just for wild trout, trout streams, trout bass or whatever but anywhere fishing access "security" is needed.

I donate specifically to CAP because I feel it is a really worthy cause AND they get matching funds so my money is effectively doubled. I could donate money to secure access on the HuntFishPA website, but for some cockamamie reason that donation ISN'T going to CAP so the donation isn't matched which is REALLY stupid IMHO. That leaves mailing in a donation the only option if I want more bang for my buck.

The problem is NOBODY and mean NOBODY in the PFBC knows about this program save for one or two people. Over the 20+ years I've made donations, I've asked WCO's, AFM's and people in Harrisburg if they know about the program and the answer is always the same, NO which is beyond comprehension to me.

As a result, I mail in a donation, it goes to the single PFBC PO Box, the Elmerton Avenue mailroom gets the letter saying "CAP" Program, the person sorting the mail says, "WTF is CAP and who gets this letter," everyone is clueless because the one person that knows is out sick (true story) so the check just sits in a drawer...

...in my case FOR TWO YEARS!!!!!!

It is ridiculous, but I don't want to give up due to incompetence because I believe strongly in the concept of government secured public access thorough means other than eminent domain.

I just REALLY wish they would get their act together...
Perhaps that donation would be more appreciated in hands of smaller local projects. Perhaps something like a friends group or local conservancy.

It’s your money, do with it as you please, but I would give another dime to an agency that can’t account for my previous donations. They obviously don’t need the money that bad.

I do belong to the Central PA Conservancy but the PFBC and the CAP Program can get things done, especially when it comes to having the mechanisms in place to acquire and maintain access.

Back