PA License Buttons... If You Ordered, Did You Get Them?

Bamboozle

Bamboozle

I'm a fan of the PA License Buttons and have buying one since they were reintroduced for nostalgia sake and in the hopes it makes life a tiny bit easier for WCO's with binoculars.

Anyway, I ordered mine at the beginning of December and still have received nothing two month's later...

Did anyone who ordered get theirs?

I'm a fan of them too, I have some from my family members from the 70's.

I got mine about a week ago.

Received mine 10 days after purchasing from a retail location. Was actually shocked it came so soon.

The PFBC is really in disarray. I bought mine on the HuntFishPA website and they take forever...

I also make a donation every year and for the 3rd or 4th time my mailed-in check is MIA...

I really don't understand and may just stop making donations entirely...

The PFBC is really in disarray. I bought mine on the HuntFishPA website and they take forever...

I also make a donation every year and for the 3rd or 4th time my mailed-in check is MIA...

The boat registration department is a cluster too. It took me several months to get the stickers for my new boat.

I expected it to be bad when the dealer wrote the dealer wrote the phone number for the registration folks on my temporary registration and the date that I should start calling to pester them.

I eventually had to call my state reps office.

Well, apparently I continue to be a moron...

After MANY years of buying these things, this time I inadvertently purchased them as GIFTS which generated a voucher number for each button which could be redeemed by the recipient.

Since I am selfish as well as being confused, I called HuntFishPA and they redeemed the buttons vouchers for me to my account and I should be receiving them soon, I hope... ;)

However keeping the PFBC's feet in the fire, my annual donation check is still MIA and I have yet hear back from anyone at the PFBC including the Executive Director's office why they constantly lose my checks...

So in regards to the License Buttons...

Psalm 54 f1b73d76872a7267f691738c6621c7d9

I also made a donation a few years ago. The check was never cashed. I never bothered to follow it up and that’s the last time I donated. I kind of figured if they weren’t astute enough to take the money, it isn’t worth the effort. Sad but that’s how I see it.

I purchased one in early January, and it just came in the mail last week.

Regarding the comment about WCOs & binoculars ~ the buttons are not a replacement for your license unfortunately! The new ones this year don't even have your license # on them, so they are pure nostalgia. Kinda dumb in my opinion, but it is what it is.

I actually had a WCO 'scold' me once for offering up my button as my license when he was doing a check. he was crabby.

I’d be careful with this one guys. Publicly acknowledging not donating to the extra causes, or questioning or criticizing how the PFBC allocates its funds can get you into hot water around here. Highly frowned upon in this establishment.

I bought a license this year, and a Trout stamp. Beyond that, what I donated or didn’t is my personal business.

I purchased one in early January, and it just came in the mail last week.

Regarding the comment about WCOs & binoculars ~ the buttons are not a replacement for your license unfortunately! The new ones this year don't even have your license # on them, so they are pure nostalgia. Kinda dumb in my opinion, but it is what it is.

I actually had a WCO 'scold' me once for offering up my button as my license when he was doing a check. he was crabby.

Yea I know that about the buttons.

However, I figure a WCO seeing a current button on my hat knows I spent at least $12 so I probably have a valid license and he can check the guys with the stringer constantly looking over their shoulder first before he checks me... :)

As someone who has been asked to see my license ONCE in PA in my entire life, I look like a lot of things but I must not look like a poacher... ;)

I’d be careful with this one guys. Publicly acknowledging not donating to the extra causes, or questioning or criticizing how the PFBC allocates its funds can get you into hot water around here. Highly frowned upon in this establishment.

I bought a license this year, and a Trout stamp. Beyond that, what I donated or didn’t is my personal business.
I donated but then I didn’t!😳

I’ve never personally encountered a warden on any stream. I have seen them driving on Weikert road almost at the dead end one time so I assume they were planning to go to the creek.

I'm curious if anybody has EVER seen a PFBC warden on a non-stocked, wild stream? I haven't in over 20 years of fishing them, ever.

I've encountered them on four different Class A Sections and one Class A stream, however in none of those instances was I asked to see my license.

I actually asked the WCO at one of the spots why he didn't ask and he said he could tell by watching me, observing my gear and determination that I wasn't the type to NOT buy a license.

The weird thing is I was once asked by a PGC Game Warden to see my license when I was float tubing for LMB on a private lake in Schuylkill County...

I buy 2 every year. One goes on the pack and the other gets put away as a keepsake . . . or until I lose the first one. I ordered mine on 12/5. They arrived separately mid January.

I also made a donation a few years ago. The check was never cashed. I never bothered to follow it up and that’s the last time I donated. I kind of figured if they weren’t astute enough to take the money, it isn’t worth the effort. Sad but that’s how I see it.
Being a fairly known philanthropist, I never trust that organizations in such disaray would use the monies for the intended purpose.

I have been checked several times. Once on the Big Bushkill (25 yrs ago). He was dressed as a fisherman. He breifly looked at mine and said he was looking for some guys a short ways downstream. Another time about 10 years ago on a stocked pond in Wayne County. There was a group using the facilities (picnicing and barbacueing etc) but not fishing. He asked them for either a hunting or fishing license. They had neither. They were told to leave and he explained that the facilities and boat launch were paid for by licensed sportsmen and a license or permit was required. I.was launching a boat and he said "have a good day".
Another time I was crossing the Lordville bridge about to access the Delaware when a CO stopped and asked. I showed him the license on my vest. He glanced at it, said thanks and drove off.

Now the National Park Service on the Upper D is another story. They are downright goofy.

Back