SteveG wrote:
As others have said, if you adapt to the water conditions, you'll catch fish. Being stuck only fishing one way will limit where you can fish effectively.
SBecker wrote:
Geebee, whatever you do....never buy the Umpqua bi-color indicator.
geebee wrote:
SBecker wrote:
Geebee, whatever you do....never buy the Umpqua bi-color indicator.
i was just about to order the 4X. why not ?
troutbert - were you casting almost directly upstream ? thats the way Frank Sawyer did it.
I have used Gold Stren, Maxima in Flo. Pink that I have never seen anywhere but was given some by a mighty generous fellow flyfisherman, and more recently the Cortland Bi-Color Indicator Mono. I don't use any flotant on my leader. The Cortland seems to work really well and I can and do recommend it.geebee wrote:
Steve & Tiger - what mono do you use ?
an article in a UK trout magazine got me thinking about an in line sighter - they used 2.5 Tenkara pink or orange level flouro but its not cheap $20 for 30m.
do you use flotant on the hi-viz mono ?
geebee wrote:
your buds at Trout Legend like it :
http://troutlegend.com/forum/fips-mouche-gear-talk/umpqua-bicolor/
looks like they fixed it ?
WildTigerTrout wrote:
I have used Gold Stren, Maxima in Flo. Pink that I have never seen anywhere but was given some by a mighty generous fellow flyfisherman, and more recently the Cortland Bi-Color Indicator Mono. I don't use any flotant on my leader. The Cortland seems to work really well and I can and do recommend it.geebee wrote:
Steve & Tiger - what mono do you use ?
an article in a UK trout magazine got me thinking about an in line sighter - they used 2.5 Tenkara pink or orange level flouro but its not cheap $20 for 30m.
do you use flotant on the hi-viz mono ?
SteveG wrote:
Troutbert, are you talking about a wet fly swing without split shot?