8. Mario66pens: sulfur nymph
9. Delta_dog: sulfur soft hackle
10. C_nesbella: pheasant tail soft hackle
11. Keiths: crippled flymph
12. Lv2nymph: halfback
13. Hbgbswanson: tbd
14. Gencon: tbd
15. Eunanhendron: double standard

OK! That's 15. Those spots went a little quicker than I thought they would. I'll pm my info shortly. I'm still thinking we should shoot for March 15, though if I get everyone's flies sooner obviously I'll send them out early. Looking forward to seeing everyone's ties! I don't recognize some of the fly names - halfback, flymph, double standard are all new to me.

jeremymcon wrote:
I don't recognize some of the fly names - halfback, flymph, double standard are all new to me.

That is one thing I really enjoyed with the first swap I was involved in. Looking up all of these different patterns and learning a lot about the ones that I didn't know. I never heard of the halfback either. I googled it and it is a pretty sweet looking tie. I can't wait to see Jack's version of it ....... sure to be a fish catcher!

My fly box is ready for some variety! I got a shipment of tungsten beads that should be here early next week, I will be churning out some wovens next week!

Thanks John, always look forward to your ties as well. I'm excited about this swap, looks to be another really good one.

Jeremy,
Are you gonna PM an address ? Mine are done. Ice Day off was good timing for quick replies and quick ties.

Wow! That's impressive Keith. Knocked 'em out in a mere 6 hours. What was good timing for you was bad timing for me. I smashed my finger between a concrete floor and a piece of steel just minutes after I committed to this swap yesterday. After 5 stiches to basically put the end of my finger back on I am on the mend. I am going to play the role of the "crippled" fly tyer this evening and try to crank out a few flies. We'll see how it goes. I may need to give it a few days before I get real serious.

Holy crap! Fast tying and also sucks about your hand DC. I think I'd have trouble tying with stitches in a finger. Hope you heal fast! I need to get to an actual computer, and then I'll send my address - typing out all those usernames in my smartphone is kind of a hassle. After work tonight or tomorrow morning I'll get it out to everyone.

Ha! And here I thought I was doing ok getting two done, you the man Keith. Here's my version of the halfback. So many different color combo's there are to tie with this nymph. I'm working on several. :-D

halfbacks_zps4f4563e1.jpg

Hook: Daiichi 1130 #10
Underbody: lead tape/ smooth body with tying thread
Abdomen: Uni yarn- olive/chartreuse ( woven )
Thorax: Flash nymph dubbing- yellow ( honestly it's olive )
Thorax back: Thin skin- fly specks olive/black
Rib: copper wire

Holy smack batman! :-o You boys aren't playing around. I gotta get tying...
John, bummer about your finger. It'll be weird tying at first like that, but you'll get used to it ( with my profession I've done it a time or two myself ) don't make it any easier just gotta go with the flow. Hope it stops throbbing for ya soon.

Ha ha ha you guys are quick. I haven't even tied one yet! I guess feel free to tie a second pattern if you're bored... ;-)

I'll be sure to get those PM's out tonight.

dc410 wrote:
Wow! That's impressive Keith. Knocked 'em out in a mere 6 hours. What was good timing for you was bad timing for me. I smashed my finger between a concrete floor and a piece of steel just minutes after I committed to this swap yesterday. After 5 stiches to basically put the end of my finger back on I am on the mend. I am going to play the role of the "crippled" fly tyer this evening and try to crank out a few flies. We'll see how it goes. I may need to give it a few days before I get real serious.

Sorry to hear about your finger, DC; hang in there and remember: Tying flies is just like riding a bicycle...you may just need some training wheels for awhile. ;-)

TC

"Wow! That's impressive Keith. Knocked 'em out in a mere 6 hours. What was good timing for you was bad timing for me. I smashed my finger between a concrete floor and a piece of steel just minutes after I committed to this swap yesterday. After 5 stiches to basically put the end of my finger back on I am on the mend. I am going to play the role of the "crippled" fly tyer this evening and try to crank out a few flies. We'll see how it goes. I may need to give it a few days before I get real serious."

The fly is beyond simple. That's why I can tie it. But they work.
Heal quickly, dc.

Here is what I am planning on tying for the golden stone nymph. I am going to tweak it a little. I need to pick up some yellow or amber goose biots because that is the real color of the tails on the golden stoneflies (not black). Not that the fish would care ... but I do. I am also thinking about making them a bit bigger and heavier by tying up to a size 8 hook with a larger bead to get it to the bottom quicker. I am going to need a little time to get these all tied. Tying with the bum finger didn't go too bad. Honestly, the hardest part was getting the damn thread through the bobbin (I thought of Stagger). :lol:

Attachments

• Golden Stonefly Nymph.jpg
    Golden Stonefly Nymph.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 3
Holy smack batman! You boys aren't playing around.

We had no power today so I tied them using my headlamp. Took just over an hour.

Take your time, dc. Flies need to be in by March 15.

both sets of flies are done here...they were actually done within a few hours of signing up for this swap. After tying overly complicated bass flies for the last few months these were really a quick tying session.

did not receive address.

Bah! Apparently there's no way to send a message to multiple users. Looks like since Eunan is the last one on the list, he's the only one the message was sent to... let me try again. This time everyone individually.

Back