Tail: Speckled hen hackle fibers
Rib: Copper wire
Body: Hare's ear dubbing
Hackle: Speckled hen

Recipe for Golden Stonfly nymph:

Hook: Size 8 TMC 2302
Thread: 6/0 Brown
Bead: 5/32 Gold or Copper Tungsten Bead
Weight: Approx. 8 wraps of .20 lead wire, flattened with pliers for profile under the thorax
Tail: Amber Goose Biots
Abdomen: Light Yellow Dubbing
Abdomen/Back: Golden Stone Thin Skin
Rib: Medium gold ultra wire wrapped over abdomen and back
Thorax: Golden/Yellow dubbing
Legs: Barred Pumpkin Sili Legs
Wingcase: Golden Stone Thin Skin - tied down over top of thorax and bead

use a black Sharpie to mark the wingcase to show the three segments of the Stonefly wingcase.

Attachments

• Golden Stones.jpg
    Golden Stones.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 3
Received mine as well, fantastic guys. Thanks again J.

Whoohoo, flies came today. All look great. Can't wait to try them. The little name tags are great. I will do that next time. Thanks guys,

Thanks again Jeremy

GC

I got my flies today as well. Excellent job by everyone. That is a great looking bunch of flies. Nice job with the swap, Jeremy .... Very well done. Thank you.

Flies arrived today, nice tying everyone. Thanks again there J.

Got the flies yesterday, the tying skill on PAFF never ceases to amaze me

Flies arrived today. They look awesome. Ready to try some of these out this weekend.

Flies arrived today, and haven't looked @ them yet...but guessing they will be great. Thanks all for participating, and thanks Jeremy for organizing everything.

Tim

I got my flies here in Woodstock MD. Nice job everyone!

Thanks again Jeremy.

@gencon

I think I got one of those nymphs in your avatar as an extra. What do you call it, what is it, and what is it tied with? I'm assuming it's some sort of cased caddis imitation, but I have no idea what the actual case is made out of. Does it have a name?

Flies received. Thanks Jeremy and everyone else.

jeremymcon wrote:
@gencon

I think I got one of those nymphs in your avatar as an extra. What do you call it, what is it, and what is it tied with? I'm assuming it's some sort of cased caddis imitation, but I have no idea what the actual case is made out of. Does it have a name?

Jeremy, yes I included that for you. It is called a breadcrust. I did a thread about a while back. It is an old pattern. It was one of my Dad's favorite flies. I still use them today. The body is a quill from the tail feather of a ruffed grouse which has been split and soaked.
Dead drift it fish it on the swing.

GC

Back