Made in America????

Agreed

Herp de Durp, collage

You know me... ultimate tweaker here. They call me tiny.

Mike did you ever try tying flies with dog hair? I have been experimenting with some new style flies using dog hair... wonderdog hair. 'Merika

Hey JD,

You seem to be obsessed with every word Mike R writes......man crush?! :-?

And we already have an englishprof on board, so we're covered there..... :)

Jdaddy, I will not be providing you with a reply because answering someone that I have no respect, or care the least what you have to say, seems like a complete waste of time on my part.

Nick. I have yet to tie with Dog hair, but often thought that my labradors hair would make a killer, minifoo type jig. Also in the spring and fall, I get about a yorkshire terrior sized pile of hair after sweeping the hardwood every day. Thought about spinning some lab hair much like deer hair.

I mean they secrete a water proof oil to coat their hair so who knows it may float very well. Better than throwing it out for the birds to use for insulation ;)

quote from hangover: "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, except for Herpes, that hangs around for ever"

Deception is what made America what it is today. Do you think all of our founding fathers and businessmen were honest and truthful in their pursuits to make America what it is today? I doubt it. That is what makes a good businessman. Make people believe in what you are selling them. Made in America only means something to Americans.

Wasn't it St Croix that actually started saying "Made in North America"?? Deception.

afishinado wrote:
Hey JD,

You seem to be obsessed with every word Mike R writes......man crush?! :-?

And we already have an englishprof on board, so we're covered there..... :)

LOL. Busted!

CLSports wrote:
Deception is what made America what it is today. Do you think all of our founding fathers and businessmen were honest and truthful in their pursuits to make America what it is today? I doubt it. That is what makes a good businessman. Make people believe in what you are selling them. Made in America only means something to Americans. Deception.

This is the best paragraph ever written on this FF forum!

Excellent, simply excellent!

So "Risen"
I still can't find a shred or info of why you are an "American" company
You website isn't even written by and American
A quick google of your product specs ...

http://www.risenfly.com/products/fly-reel
is this
http://leichichina.en.alibaba.com/product/272481219-203717001/aluminum_fly_fishing_reel.html

http://www.risenfly.com/collections/frontpage/products/anakim-fly-reel
is this
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/592342930/100_drag_sealed_waterproof_CNC_saltwater.html

You are an American citizen
But your company is 100% Asian imports
Designed and produced by people who have no clue about fly fishing

Not a business producing quality durable products designed by fly fishing for the purpose of fly fishing.

slumdumb wrote:
So "Risen"
You are an American citizen
But your company is 100% Asian imports
Designed and produced by people who have no clue about fly fishing

Slum,
I don't believe Risen has implied anywhere that their products are made in the USA. In fact, he has been completely straightforward that (for now) his merchandise is foreign made. You certainly have the option to purchase other products that meet your personal standard.....but your links above aren't any revelation.

And, you sound disgruntled for no reason and are posting in an offensive tone. What is your agenda, sir?

Many flyfishing books are manufactured in the US. Most of the books that have black and white printing on the inside are made in the US.

While most of the books that have a lot of color printing inside are made overseas.

Overall, I think this thread shows that quite a lot of flyfishing products ARE made in the US. Probably a much higher percentage than in most product categories.

A lot of people can be jealous that they can not find a way to make something they love into a way to create income for them as well.

Back