Made in America????

Like I said I definitely want the best bang for the buck so with all things being equal if I can buy "Made in America!" I prefer it.... Glad to hear about Sage... Pretty sweet hearing America still makes the high quality stuff....

This raingear is made in the US.

http://www.kooldrirainwear.com/

St croix has very reasonably priced "value" rods that are made in tge US.

Check out the Sage Approach, lower priced, made in American and a sweet rod for the money.

jbomb wrote:
What about Reddington rods?

Redington is owned by Sage. Redington rods are made overseas; I like to think that Redington is the Sage answer for the budget-minded angler and that allows them to dance around the overseas issue because its run through a different company. I own quite a few Redington rods and they are excellent rods for the money. I would not pay $100 just to have the rods say Made in the USA on them; I don't think there would be any appreciable increase in quality, just an increase in cost.

The new Allen Icon is american made also. got to cast a 10' 4wt this weekend, and the thing is a sweet rod.

st croix imperials if I am not mistaken... I like them

I believe Mystic flyrods are made in America. Michigan I think.

trout624 wrote:
In addition to what everyone else has already said, I haven't seen anything about Ross Reels. From their website:
"EVERY Ross product is designed, engineered and quality checked at our facility in Montrose, Colorado USA."

Nice U.S. made reels.
\

All Ross Reels USA products are made in Montrose, CO.
(Basically all of their machined reels for Ross and Sci Angler)
All Ross Worldwide products are made overseas to their specs and then QC'd in Montrose, CO.

redietz wrote:
Simm's waders are made in the US (although some of the other things they sell aren't.)

Only their Gore Tex waders are made in the USA.

BradFromPotter wrote:
Quite a few rods are "Made in America" of imported parts.

Very true.

Heck, every rod with a cork grip is made of imported material (Portugal and Spain) but lets face it, the bias is against Asian parts and production. Parts and production from western nations is coveted. Whether it be for political, racial, or sentimental reasons, we prefer to have people "like us" making our stuff. Particularly when it is something we use during a pastime that we identify with our culture and heritage.

I love to have made in the USA when possible but when it comes to low end stuff, the difference in performance is negligible if not slanted in favor of the imports. Made in the USA does not mean "better" at the low price points. For instance, there are many other rods I'd choose over a low end Sage because they offer better performance, more features, and even better quality.

Kev

Galvan reels are US made.

I think someone pointed out earlier.... Ross reels (US) & Ross Worldwide (Other).

Richardson and Downs chest fly boxes are made in Pennsylvania. Both are top quality.

My sister sent me a cryptic text asking me what specifications I would ask for in a sage rod. This came after a visit from her and my niece last week when I took them out forthe day to look at schools. I'll keep an eye on the mailbox. She lives on Bainbridge island!

Mcfarland glass rods are rolled by Mike himself, at his shop in Tyrone. Steffan bros Glass rods are made in Arizona. South Fork glass rods are made by Dave Redington(yes, that Redington) and his wife in Florida.

Check out vedavoo.com
Cool stuff, made in the USA, from US materials.

Peterm wrote:
After ten years of exile in Florida, I've recently moved back to. Pa..... I am in the process of restoring FF arsenal. alot of the gear I m looking at is pretty Sweet and hard to decide on so the final decisions for me comes down to is it made in America.... Unfortunately none of it is.!!! Bottom line I want the best bang for my buck..... But are there any manufacturers. Actually in America????

I smell what you are stepping in but as others have noted there are some good USA companies out there and I will list a few that I use and trust.

1. Filson - There logo is you might as well have the best and as far as I'm concerned they are.

2. Hatch reels - amazing piece of equipment - buy one and your done for life

3. Ross Reels - I don't have one but if I didn't have a hatch I would

4. Top end Orvis rods are great

5. High end simms waders I believe are USA made

I think Blue Ribbon nets and Brodin nets are US made - can anyone verify that?

Low end Sage doesn't compare to same price point orvis.

Back