Bq nymph

This one is bq-35 dark olive & 39 lt. olive. I was trying to obtain that blotchy molted look with this one. When I first fished it I went through a run with two others then tied this one on went back to the beginning of the same run and took more fish with it not minutes after the first time. :)
baf15827395632e08f50b1e5a00cc582_zps93412c26.jpg

Geebee,
I hesitated to order from that site, I've never ordered something from overseas. I'm interested to see how fast it gets here. Seems like Performance flies is out til Monday, I was just going to wait it out and see if they update inventory.

I can't wait to get my BQ so I can start tying some of these fish catching beauties. :)

Jack, you are the BQ swami

GenCon

Wow, thanks Mike I'm glad you like them. The past weeks I've been really experimenting with different color combinations, threads, ribbing, dark colors on top, underneath I've got quite a pile of hooks with experiments on them that I'm stripping now. It's been fun and I feel I'm just starting to find what can be done, I'm excited about what will come out of playing with this stuff.

Tinsel underbody? Could be like a candy apple effect?

Yes, I see Harley. That sounds intriguing enough to follow up on. I tried some different colors of tinsel ribbing & holo tinsel on top of the bq and didn't like any of the ones I tried. But I did not try it underneath, it will have a whole different effect. good man...

Harley wrote:
Geebee,
I hesitated to order from that site, I've never ordered something from overseas. I'm interested to see how fast it gets here. Seems like Performance flies is out til Monday, I was just going to wait it out and see if they update inventory.

i've ordered stuff from the UK, Canada & EU with no problems. its usually 4-5 business days.

I would NOT order from China though.

I finally got the materials and time to tie a few flies with this stuff.
Now to take them out for a test and see how the do. :)

Attachments

• small1.jpg
    small1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 2
  • small2.jpg
    small2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 2
Nice Bill, I'm thinking they're going to pass the test and get the nod from the trout. ;)

Nice, i really like the green ones...alot. feel like those are gonna do well for you.

I love those green ones as well, nice job!

funny, i really like the tan ones. i don't have a lot of confidence in bright green flies - i never evr ctach em on a weenie or caddis pupa.

Those chartreuse ones look backlit, they're gonna rock!

I used a yellow underbody and olivebrown lt/brownbeige body quill with a mixed cdc thorax of cream,dirty yellow,& olive. Wing case is turkey.
7d11b7f5b920f0e3e1bc9d7c14769c70_zps66c799e0.jpg

very nice.

Mrs GB advises me i have a package from the UK at home. :)

Very good, let's see em when ya get some tied up!

I got home tonight to find a little package in the mailbox...

The body is green Hends Holo tinsel, with BQ-11 over top. I used regular hares ear in a dubbing brush.

Couldn't resist another before bed.

SLF prism hares ear dubbing loop.

Back