Are you ready ? The fall run is almost upon us .........

Just got back from a scary last minute night in the surf. Got 8 blues ranging from 10 to 18 pound. Some true gators. Had to go up and grab the 10 wt after I got taken deep into my backing then broke off. The mullet are still around. Found a small pod with fish blowing them up. Sometime I think I rather catch nigh blues then bass after tonight. All up in north jersey. Followed the fish out along the jetty.

I went to grab a fish and a wave came up and got me. Waders filled and took me under. I was under for only a few seconds but it felt like 15 seconds managed to stand and get in. Happy to say only lost my cheap stripping basket. Another angler came and helped me out. At that point it was time to call it a night. First time it has ever happened to me. Grabbed my gear and left with my tail between my legs.

Lesson learned never go out on jetties alone and be really careful. I think it time to invest into a wetsuit or something more conducive for fishing on jetties and a waterproof phone case. The fish and bait are here time to start hitting the beaches more seriously.

Marc

Never had the scary jetty situation. I've had several falls, slips, soakings and confrontations on jetties. It only takes a second! I wear waders mostly with wading boots. I've done the rain pants with strap on korkers only once, didn't like the feel of the korkers.

If you want to get out this Sunday let me know. Early weather predictions look good.

Let me see what work is like but yea I'm intending on getting down there again

I might be able to meet up with you guys for a little in the afternoon this sun .

Hoping to get out sunday morning as well...haven't picked a spot though.

Fredrick wrote:
I might be able to meet up with you guys for a little in the afternoon this sun .

Nice sig. line...feeling confident w/ the new 2-hander I'm guessing?

I'm now out for this Sunday...Plans have changed and I'm heading to Hawk Mt. for a train ride.

jay348 wrote:
Hoping to get out sunday morning as well...haven't picked a spot though.

Fredrick wrote:

Nice sig. line...feeling confident w/ the new 2-hander I'm guessing?

Line is getting taken care of today . But my new waders finally came in the mail today . I can't do morning but afternoon trip this sun .
Line will be in hand by Sun

I thinking of doing an early morning trip if everything holds out.

Fredrick wrote:
Line is getting taken care of today . But my new waders finally came in the mail today . I can't do morning but afternoon trip this sun .

I was just referring to the Lefty quote.

Good news about the waders tho...hopefully these hold out better.

jay348 wrote:
Fredrick wrote:

I was just referring to the Lefty quote.

Good news about the waders tho...hopefully these hold out better.

LOL just realized what you meant I'm all about the distance . The guy at tightlines fly shop said that once I get good technique 130' casts will not be unheard of with the new rod. I'm casting 540 grains .

If any of you guys would like to meat up me and another guy from the guy from the forum are gonna do an am trip. I'm thinking the back of hitting union beach or Monmouth county. Haven't figured it out. Let me know.

What day are you looking at marc?

Sunday. I am planing on leaving around 4 in the morning.

How long are you guys trying to stay out so I can try to meet up ?

I'm bringing my new fishing tool :-D

marcq wrote:
Sunday. I am planing on leaving around 4 in the morning.

That works about perfect for me...PM coming your way.

I'm getting ready...Last several trips to the beach/jetty haven't been the best.

232323232%7Ffp%3B76%3Enu%3D3247%3E349%3E7%3A9%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A%3A645649325nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3C9%3Enu%3D3247%3E349%3E7%3A9%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A%3A64564%3A325nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3B47%3Enu%3D3247%3E349%3E7%3A9%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A%3A64656%3A325nu0mrj

Back