Fly-Tying Meet-Up in Berks County on February 4th

Looks like a good time and some great looking flies were tied. Also my guess is some great tasting beverages were consumed.

Lol.....Hey Kim, GPS is your friend. If your vehicle doesn't have a GPS system you can just open up Google Maps on your phone, click on this icon> View attachment 1641228810and type in the address of your destination. A map will appear with the route and nice sounding young lady will give you turn-by-turn directions right to your destination. I use GPS to drive just about everywhere. It's hard to remember the days driving around aimlessly without GPS.

Good stuff!
I printed Google maps directions and was doing well until the highway split around some town without any warning! I don't have a cell phone and when I did use my cars nav system it wasn't the best - the cars a 2008 Acura RDX and that was the last time the system was updated!! Next time I'll bring my girlfriends nav system and try my luck! Like I said, I called it quits at 4 PM - figured some of you might be gone by then and I was starting to get a LITTLE frustrated! (And could've used a good cold beer as well by then!).

I have family in Allentown and DID make it there by sundown and had a good visit and a free dinner, so all was not a lose! ;)

Kim

Also it was great to put some faces with the handles here on the board. Pretty good beer and grub at this location as well. I would 100% be down with doing this again.

Kim sorry you weren't able to get there though.

I printed Google maps directions and was doing well until the highway split around some town without any warning! I don't have a cell phone and when I did use my cars nav system it wasn't the best - the cars a 2008 Acura RDX and that was the last time the system was updated!! Next time I'll bring my girlfriends nav system and try my luck! Like I said, I called it quits at 4 PM - figured some of you might be gone by then and I was starting to get a LITTLE frustrated! (And could've used a good cold beer as well by then!).

I have family in Allentown and DID make it there by sundown and had a good visit and a free dinner, so all was not a lose! ;)

Kim
You could have gone over to the Tully and fished. Also could have fished in the Allentown/Bethlehem area. Too bad you drove that whole way and didn't even score a beer. Next time, stay on 222 south toward Lancaster, exit onto Shillington Road, make a right at the light at the top of that ramp, go approximately 2 miles to [I believe it's the 3rd or fourth light, there's a Sheetz on your left at that light]. Make a right at that light, the venue "Schaylers" will be on your right in about 1/2 mile. Easy peasy!

Im the guy in the tan shirt and red and blue hat. 👍

Back