Winter Tone

Swattie87

Swattie87

Not talking about color patterns on fish, instead the recent trend of posts dominating the general forum. We're a sad, sad group in the dead of Winter. Nothing short of embarrassing really.

If this is how we treat eachother, I'd hate to think what would happen to a dude with a Zebco and a cup of worms.

LOL dont worry swattie i am sure there will be some haters attacking you too. ;)

I just see why I didn't post on here for almost a year.........Sad indeed. Just wish I was half as good as all of the self proclaimed fly fishing gods on this site. Oh well maybe ill get there some day.

Just thought i would throw this out there. Taken from the posting rules and guide lines:

"Paflyfish is here to help foster a shared interest in expanding our knowledge, experience and most importantly our enjoyment for fly fishing in Pennsylvania region. Humor, ideas, debate, and opinions are encouraged. Deliberate insults, personal attacks, and lewd comments are not welcome for any reason."

Just a little food for thought in case some of you have forgot what the site was intended for, and the rules that govern it.

People should learn to respect other people - no doubt.

I read every thread and every post on here every day and there are a hundred or hundreds daily. With that (and disregarding the OT forum) there are very few threads and posts on here containing snarky snipes between members. If someone does get out of line, it's up to the Mod Squad to get them back in line. That happens very seldom on here.

Every day, including today, I read threads giving advice on gear and fly tying and flies and fishing methods and places to fish, etc. There are threads with guys meeting up to fish, to eat and drink and kabitz, and people helping out each other and helping a youth organization.

Anyway, I do agree some should reel it in a bit. Maybe cabin fever has taken hold, but don't overlook all the good folks, the vast majority on here care about the sport, care about the environment, and respect each other and contribute quite a lot to the group.

I totally agree with all the above stated. I know I posted something in one of recent posts and to be honest I at that point I was very unhappy with something's that where said during that post and to me it was uncalled for. With being said I do apologize if anybody took offense to what I said. I was not trying to offend anyone. I live this site and its my go to for advice and ideas I learned a lot thus far about ff in general. I was just disgusted at that point that someone could be that way. In my opinion the advice and the ideas a out tying and fishing in general are great!! I hope some of us can get back to the way it's supposed to be. A group of dedicated flyfishers swapping advice and generally having a great time!!!

All I said to start that shizz storm was to tie smaller flies for brookies. An the other member not too to mention any names cause we know who they are. Told me that what I said isn't right. Dunno bout anyone else, but who is any tell another 'adult' what thu should use an what they shouldn't use. I'm I at all wrong from my original post about smaller flies for brookies?

Respect is earned not given out. Dispite age.

I just want to throw this out there in case I ever say/have said anything that some may find offensive, wrong, or otherwise inappropriate. ALL of my post are intended to either learn, offer personal experience, or give OPINION on said topic. I have not, and will never make a post on this site intended for any other purpose other than the above reasons. So far, I see a very well organized community/family that like any other community, has their occasional "spats" that often lead to an apology and a hug...:lol: I'm thinking for the most part, some comments that are intended as innocent come out the wrong way when typed on the keyboard. This site has some extremely friendly folks, and I have thus far not had an issue with anyone. Thanks for allowing me here, and I hope to meet as many of you as I possibly can.

oh just shut up! ;-)

Happens every year bout this time. It'll get worse for it gets better. Big deal. We'll all soon be fish'n.

has their occasional "spats" that often lead to an apology and a hug... some comments that are intended as innocent come out the wrong This site has some extremely friendly folks, and I have thus far not had an issue with anyone.

Yeah, but what if you're not "gay"? (not that there is anything wrong with that?)

I don't mind if some on this site has a different opinion than I do ........ but I don't want them to give me a "Hug" (not that there is anything wrong with that?)

So getting a hug from someone of the same sex makes that person gay? :lol: Good afternoon!

You all are a bunch of whiners. Especially Swattie, such he started this thread! ;-)

It is, of course, predictable that our forum message board community can get a bit ornery as cabin fever sets in and we mull over perennial topics such as "Where can I fish during the closed season?" and similar topics that pop up every year (or the usual tired and circular spot-burning dust up). We're a diverse group of friends with many views and personal opinions.

Speaking as a forum member, and not as a moderator, I try to remind myself from time to time that it is often best not to comment in threads that are touchy or with which I don't agree. I've not always lived up to this discipline and have, on more than one occasion, mouthed off when I shouldn't have. All we can do it try to avoid such mistakes in the future (and maybe a well timed apology can help). Try to ask yourself before you hit "Submit": Is this worth saying? Do I really need to bring this point up - or is it better left unsaid? As the old cliche goes - try to "disagree without being disagreeable" if possible. I think, most of the time, we manage to navigate these waters pretty nicely.

Speaking now as a moderator.....We won't tolerate personal attacks, lewd behavior, profanity etc. That doesn't mean we can intercede every time someone's feelings are hurt due to a disagreement in a thread. It's worth remembering that this is a forum message board. People, commenting under an assumed name, can and will speak their minds. Ask yourself: "Am I being oversensitive? Could I perhaps put on my thick skin and not let this get to me or take these comments personally?"
All groups of friends and family have their disagreements. We're no different. Be respectful and, at the same time, don't be too sensitive. Think twice before you post and remember that all of us can see what you write.

Being a mod on another forum i know about the behind the scenes running of a forum. I know the thick skinned and level head that a mod must have as well as a member. It is when a member feels why should I even post if i know that half of my replies will be unjust attacks, even if the topic is soley for information to others, is when these "thick skin" mentalities need to be looked at.

A member should never have to think if i post this will I have to deal with being attack or have snide remarks thrown at me, especially if they are only posting information and not a touchy subject. If i get on here and post something about equal access or catch and release i know going in that i am going to receive flack. If i request information or find new findings or tie a new patern i should not have to deal with 6 replies of deliberate attacks.

Just my .02 on the topic. This might be ok on this forum.

SBecker wrote:
You all are a bunch of whiners. Especially Swattie, such he started this thread! ;-)

I'm taking my Zebco and going home!

Fishidiot wrote:
All groups of friends and family have their disagreements. We're no different. Be respectful and, at the same time, don't be too sensitive. Think twice before you post and remember that all of us can see what you write.

+1

Swattie87 wrote:
SBecker wrote:

I'm taking my Zebco and going home!

Don't forget your 5inch brookies, and don't let the door hit you in the arse.

Has anyone considered just getting out and going fishing? :)

I have fished half of the new year!

SBecker wrote:
I have fished half of the new year!

Anyone other than you...you always have a rotten attitude ;-)

Back