Winter Tone

PatrickC wrote:
Has anyone considered just getting out and going fishing? :)

I've been out as much as possible. Missed the past weekend because I was in Detroit for the Grandson's birthday and to take another grandson home.
Already laying plans for this Sunday and considering taking Friday off to get out there .

There's been two days I haven't fished this year so far. Once because it was pouring rain and the creek was chocolate milk at night, the other when I had the stomach flu. Agree with the above statement. Get out and fish. Refreshing your browser on a forum all day waiting for replies to your negative comments will only make it worse. :)

PatrickC wrote:
Has anyone considered just getting out and going fishing? :)

+1 - does wonders for keeping things in perspective. I've managed to get out each of the Saturdays of the new year (albeit paying the price at home after the fact), plus one additional late afternoon. Instead of sitting around having too much time to overthink a sentence, go out and experience the sport, and add your experiences to the forum in the form of sentences and pictures.

Swattie - you took the Zebco, but left your bait container. If there are any worms left, may I have them? I figure the big wild browns would just dig a 'crawler....

Yeah, you can have them salmonoid...I wouldn't want to litter. I recommend you use snelled hooks when targeting those Browns.

Noooooooooooooooo leave the browns alone!

Freedom of expression has its value. I try to balance that against obviously out of line posting behavior. Let people have their opinion, argue with them, trade spirited debate and rhetoric, but stop short of name-calling and attacks, threats and such. We've gotten through many winters and we'll get through this one too.

After an early AM appointment Saturday in Berks Co. I grabbed a couple hours of fishing on the way home. I was throwing streamers and had a few hits and had one on for a little bit. Sometimes when they get the leverage with those longer shanked barbless hooks they quickly end up the "winner". I got the skunk, but it was a gorgeous day and everything was "OK".

Hey dub hope you didnt have the stomach flu wearing waders. Now that would be bad. PS I suck at fly fishing but I'm trying, suck at tying too but I'm trying and learning both.

I recommend paflyfish not tolerate profanity, including the abbreviated variety.

Other than in the original "Minnow Chaser" thread, I haven't heard too much back and forth bickering lately. Maybe I missed something. It's funny though (not really), just yesterday I was thinking about how many of the old members I don't see on the forums anymore!

I think some of the newer members don't really know enough about some of the folks they mess with, or they wouldn't do it. It took me a bit to figure out who is credible, and who might not be. Respect is still key.

pro4mance wrote:
I suck at fly fishing but I'm trying, suck at tying too but I'm trying and learning both.

Right there with ya. That's how we get to not sucking at it. Yes?

And I'm grateful to the folks from here that offer advice and knowledge without being demeaning or insulting.

Really? Ask anyone that was on the messageboard before this format and before it was moderated what it was like then.

throw the browns on the bank.

Chaz, throwing the browns to the raccoons is no good. We need them to keep the brookies in check! Plus raccoonns prefer brookies!

Hopefully one day I wont suck, I'm working on it.

Browns eat raccoons

You should read the New Jersey Fly Forum... PAFF is awesome comparatively speaking. I think the mods and majority of posters do a great job here. Wish I knew more people here to get together and fish with. I have met quite a few but always looking to make some new flyfishing friends. Lighten up people it is a fishing forum! A great place to tell lies and razz forum members, in a polite way of course.

csoult wrote:
Browns eat raccoons

Lmao and that is why they are the most interesting fish in the world.

pro4mance wrote:
Hopefully one day I wont suck, I'm working on it.

Yep...me too.

I know that sometimes my tone is not as professional, I do re-read my comments over and over again before I hit send. Sometimes I will adjust my comments as to not offend.

Moderators, hopefully you are sending PM's to those that are out of line. If I am out of line or even borderline, feel free to send me a PM.

I got out this last Sunday. Since I was unable to locate and catch a fish I decided to catch me a bag full of trash. Found a trash bag and filled it with garbage, and put it where it would get picked up via trash collectors. I could have filled several large bags and still have plenty of trash for another day. So, fly fishers, if your out and about looking for new trout sites - take along a plastic bag. The environment will appreciate you.

Back