The "Hero" thread.

OK, how to we deal with crangler's post, Tom? A fish picture and a hero shot, taken at almost the same moment it seems.

brown6.jpg

brown5.jpg

NIIICCCEEEE ! Keep'em comin'!
This'll pass the winter blues for some of us. :)

Careful what ya wish for , eh? :)

CRAngler,

I think I met a relative of that trout on Saturday!

Attachments

• 16JanSmall.jpg
    16JanSmall.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 3
jack

that is the same fish but i seen before they wanted the person in the shot as well so i posted both

Alby

Sure is the relative if not they know each other quite well haha again great fish

crangler wrote:
jack

that is the same fish but i seen before they wanted the person in the shot as well so i posted both

I was just poking tom in the ribs. All my fish shots are taken at the end of my hand, so I can't qualify if my mug has to be in the photo either. That looks like a great fish.

Attachments

• Heroshot1.jpg
    Heroshot1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2
You mean you were poking back...I was the initial poker as I found it humorous those who wish to be "recognized" as heroes but not show their faces. As to the 2 pics you posted, I already qualified them in an above thread with an identical situation. Perhaps the only amendment I might be willing to make is that perhaps in the first pick its the fish who is the hero since I can identify it.

Fishidiot wrote:
rrt,
Good for you - don't get discoureged. You're not the only one who's a tech dinosour. I'm still learning basic photo functions and computer fundamentals. Many new board members struggle with posting photos here. The main problem seems to be the size restrictions. You'll need to "reduce" pictures in order to post them here. We'd love to see some of your pics (we know you've caught some real beauties!) :)

Count me as the third tech dinosour, I have no idea how to post a pic, also not very good with camara!

PaulG

Paul, you don't need to post any pics. You are already my hero...

tomgamber wrote:
Paul, you don't need to post any pics. You are already my hero...

Tom

Thanks for the kind word! I'll see if I can get Maurice up here to the house and maybe he can show me how to do all that! It would be nice to be able to do those things.

PaulG

I caught this monster on 1/2/10 and if you can remember the wind was blowing like 40-50 mph!!! Plus temps in the 20's! I had the good ol' cabin fever going on, so I resulted to my good spinning rod. I'm prepared for some heat cuz I didn't want to deal with the ice in the guides and the wind but check out this Hero!!!! The guy that took my picture was a jogger and the only person I saw for 4 hours of fishing. I guess chances were a 100% that someone would witness my catching him and getting my hero shot of the year :D

This is yesterday on the letort. Finally, got a new fishing buddy to snap a pic of me and show him a few places in the Cumberland Valley.

l_1b3a196a241a7033bdb7a93ca6b9bf2e.jpg

Ahhh, the memories.

Jesus i forgot just how big that Lititz Run fish was. :-o

I landed my first 20+ inch trout yesterday......SNAGGED!

got a good pic though, maybe I'll have to post it.

Sweet jmh!

You never forget your first real big trout. Good job!

Since the thread has focused mainly on big browns, thought I would change the mood a bit. Not native, but one of the most interesting brooks I have seen in PA, caught by a friend this past spring.

Attachments

• brook(cox09).JPG
    brook(cox09).JPG
    878.6 KB · Views: 3
  • brook1 (cox09).JPG
    brook1 (cox09).JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 2
  • brook2(cox09).JPG
    brook2(cox09).JPG
    995.5 KB · Views: 3
What fat brookie!

here is my snagged fish hero shot!:

Attachments

• Unnamed.jpg
    Unnamed.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 2
Very nice trout! That stream looks familiar, looks like a limestone spring creek.

Oh and thanks to that fish and fishing in the rain yesterday, I am now sick as a dog! I was already sick, but that definitely sealed the deal. I am home watching Scooby Doo with my daughter instead of working.

Back