The "Hero" thread.

I don't know how to post a photo, and I seem to be too dumb to figure it out. Heck, I have been lucky to figure out how to use a digital camera, and if I break the one I have, I will have to get someone to install a new folder if I get a new camera so that I can save them on my computer. Surprisingly, I have been able to figure out how to attach a pic to an email.
Just another "wonderful" aspect of dinosaur-ism.

rrt,
Good for you - don't get discoureged. You're not the only one who's a tech dinosour. I'm still learning basic photo functions and computer fundamentals. Many new board members struggle with posting photos here. The main problem seems to be the size restrictions. You'll need to "reduce" pictures in order to post them here. We'd love to see some of your pics (we know you've caught some real beauties!) :)

I have yet to catch any trophy trout in my FF career. I HAVE however probably caught the best smallmouth I will ever see in my lifetime. It was just under 20" (that magical mark) but was so thick it was rediculous. I could not come close to touching my pointer and thumb when I grabbed it by the tail. By far the best fish I've ever caught so far. Some may remember it, I just caught it this past season.

Just a prospective... that's a 5wt reel.

Attachments

• best fish to date resize.JPG
    best fish to date resize.JPG
    813.6 KB · Views: 3
Ry,
You know I love that smallie!

Fishidiot wrote:
Ry,
You know I love that smallie!

I get chills just thinking about that day.....

Attachments

• DSCF3989.JPG
    DSCF3989.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 3
Fishidiot wrote:
rrt,
Good for you - don't get discoureged. You're not the only one who's a tech dinosour. I'm still learning basic photo functions and computer fundamentals. Many new board members struggle with posting photos here. The main problem seems to be the size restrictions. You'll need to "reduce" pictures in order to post them here. We'd love to see some of your pics (we know you've caught some real beauties!) :)

I found the best way for me to post photos is using sites like photobucket you don't have to worry about the size of the photo. Just click on the photo block paste the link to your photo .

Here's my hero pic....
Alas, it wasn't caught on a fly. One day I'll get one on the fly - heck, I've spent enough time tying different crab patterns.

Attachments

• KW Permit.jpg
    KW Permit.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 4
Have'nt caught one of those huge laker brownies yet...looking forward to one of those slabs. Jay ahem.

Here's another one from PA- it seemed much larger in person- he did not cooperate to well- must not have been his good side as he was flipping about. hehehe

I am sure I am in the same boat with most folks- or at least I hope I am- when I say I have lost my biggest fish.

Think I consider any trout over 15 inches a large fish- 18 very large and 20 and above trophy. Cept maybe for those laker trout.

-click on the picture for a better view

Attachments

• brownie.jpg
    brownie.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 3
Dave,
That permit is sick!!! Man that would be nice to get one of those on a fly, but spinning gear is nothing the scoff at when it comes to saltwater fish.

Here are a couple hero shots from last year. The first fish is a 22 incher from the West Branch of the Delaware and the second is the fish that Squaretail posted earlier...The second was definately my most memorable trout ever. I assure you that there will be more to come this year!!!

Attachments

• DW1.jpg
    DW1.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 3
  • FS3.jpg
    FS3.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 2
Here is one my buddy caught on the last possible cast on an otherwise not that great of a float. We did not measure it but figure it was easily in the high twenties.

Attachments

• Joe-big-brown-web1.jpg
    Joe-big-brown-web1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 3
GreenMan wrote:
What's the difference?

Can't see your face. Could be Milton Burle's hero shot. Your face with the fish is the purpose of the hero shot. Like people who stand in line to get their picture taken with a celebrity...

example: 3wt7X posted one hero shot and pic of a really nice fish.

Ryan,

Don't feel bad, I don't think I've ever caught a real bruiser either. I suppose I do too much back-woods fishin to hook into many monsters. Need to get down to Lititz Run or something to fix this problem. :) From memory, my best fly-caught non-Erie, PA trout were:

22" brown from Spring Creek
20" brown from Cacoosing (very close to Tully)
18" brown from Falling Springs.

Too many to mention in the 16" range. To make matters worse, I don't have a picture of either of the first two, but here's the 3rd (18" just falls into the really nice category, not a trophy):

IMG_0705.jpg

I've caught a few 20"+ rainbows out west, Henry's Fork, plus one brown that came close to that. But I was cheatin, worms.

Isn't it the fish that makes you a hero? I guess everyone will just have to trust that the person holding the fish is GreenMan.

GreenMan wrote:
Isn't it the fish that makes you a hero? I guess everyone will just have to trust that the person holding the fish is GreenMan.

Well, that was kind of my point..."you" who?

Ry, if I ever catch a smallie like that, I will be a proud man. These are all beautiful fish, but that one caught my eye the most.

Green your fish also looks like it's a lake run fish .

its a 22" brown i don't know how to resize so heres a link

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy230/cranglerpa/brown6.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy230/cranglerpa/brown5.jpg

Back