seen anything strange, wierd, or creepy while flyfishing in pa

I chased a Bald Eagle out of my fishing hole one time up on Little Pine Creek. He flew up into a tall branch and watched me fish for two hours. LOL! He was still sitting there when I left.

I just remembered a time when I was fishing with a spinner. A goose flew down and landed on my line and a second a second later gave out a "HONK" and started to fly off.

WHHRRRRRR went the reel and I spent the next couple minutes trying to reel in a pissed off goose, before he broke off.

I once had a double whammy in regard to fishing trip weirdness. It was a few years back during buck season. I had walked in to a fishing spot along a well defined trail. On the way back nature's call became to much to handle. Now, I had seen a hunter earlier on the trail but I hadn't seen anyone for hours and I really had to go so I took a quick look around and ducked behind the largest tree I could find. Half way through my business I hear a bunch of noise on the other side of the tree. I peek around and there is a freaking Amish kid with a rifle. So this kid sees me, and it's pretty obvious I'm pissing on the other side of the tree. He stares at me for a few seconds and then turns around and looks in the other direction. He stays there the whole time. He was literally on the other side of the tree. He was so close I could have easily hit him with my...... ......fly rod.

After I finish up I ask him if he had seen any deer. "Nope" Ok whatever kid, you're creepy and I'm outta here.

On the way back to the car I notice from a ways off that there is another car parked right next to mine. Hmmmm, OK it is a popular fishing spot and it is hunting season. About, 50yds off I hear laughing and giggling. I knew exactly what was going on. Sure enough as I walk by, there's a naked couple staring at me from their back seat.

But at least I didn't find a dead body. So that's good.

Kev

lmao gfen

tomgamber wrote:
Does the Jam count?

And the countless times we've met complete strangers except for cyber typing interactions to drive on occasion as far as 450 miles to another state for a 4 day fishing trip with 6 other strangers housed in a single cabin. No firearms allowed.

DCNR handles the gypsy moth spraying, so I wonder why DEP would handle black flies?

Boyer

Back in the early 90's saw an animal running along the stream. Sleaker and more nimble than a groundhog, bigger than a weasel and smaller than otter. As it turned out the State had released some Fishers in the region during that time and must have been one. Not sure if any are left or anything more about the program.

Certainly a rare find. Still would love to see a bobcat some day.

Attachments

• 240px-Fisher_(animal).jpg
    240px-Fisher_(animal).jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 3
dkile wrote:
Back in the early 90's saw an animal running along the stream. Sleaker and more nimble than a groundhog, bigger than a weasel and smaller than otter. As it turned out the State had released some Fishers in the region during that time and must have been one. Not sure if any are left or anything more about the program.

Certainly a rare find. Still would love to see a bobcat some day.

I've seen a few up in the Pine Creek Valley, never in the SE, but one was hit by a car near my house 2 or 3 years ago. I think I might have the article somewhere.

Boyer

I have found quite a few arrowheads at one particular location in SE Pa, enough that it has got me interested in learning about the Lenapes. (By the way that's pronounced Len AH pA , not Len ah PEE).

Anyway, I memorized how to say a few words & sentences in their language, and the next time I was fishing at this particular site I said out-loud in Lenape "This is a good day, do you speak Lenape". Immediately, a large tree came crashing down and fell behind me.

At the end of that same day I was walking out of the woods when I was literally kicked in the ***. There was a large forked stick on the ground, and when I stepped on it, it pivoted up and I got whacked in the butt by the other side of the stick's fork. Scared to hell out of me. This is an absolutely true story.

I've never spoken another word, think it better to just leave things be. When I was later in Arizona and speaking to a Hopi old man, I told him the story and he laughed hard. I mentioned that I might return the arrowheads to where I found them, he asked "Did you dig them up, or did you just see them on the ground?".

When I answered that I had just seen them and picked them up, he replied, "Well you did not find them .... they chose you. Keep them!" I have.

People and forum members using midges on Pine Creek !! Just weird.....

Two naked young girls swiming in Stony creek, I konw my 14 year old Son at the time, really like it!

Another time on Spring creek, watch a young lady who was an exhibitionist(Sp) put on a great show for me!

PaulG

dKile.......there was a Fisher hanging out in the Special Regs section of Clarks Creek for awhile , i did some research and found that they like to eat squirrels , it was up there for years , i'll bet PaulG saw it. The last few times i was there i didn't see it. They have been seeing them near my cabin in Bedford county and there was an article in the paper there that they introduced a few. They are a neat animal and they are fun to watch.

Was bit by a shark, attacked by a beaver in the delaware, missed getting hit by a copper head on the delaware, seen all sorts of sex acts and naked people, have caught bats while fishing and a few sea gulls. been chased by a swan. lost a six pack in the delaware in the zane grey hole. Had a bear wanting to use the same trail as me coming towards me. hooked a jet skier with a 5/0 hook on the "D" after he came to close the a$$ h*!&...Jeez the delaware is a scary place......So far up here nothin has happened yet..

sandfly wrote:
Jeez the delaware is a scary place......So far up here nothin has happened yet..

There's a guy a few posts back who'll guard you from attempted suicides if you need a bodyguard, though. :)

I've seen one marmot/fisher/weasel/whatever here on the Monocacy, and have been surprised by more than one beaver to loom out of the water a few inches from my legs more than once.

Always gets me to jump and shout.

I evidently need to fish with Paul, though, coz the man sounds like he's tripping over nekkit young nubiles.

Was fishing Clarks last year in the special regs area, i usually drive past all the parking lots to see how many cars there are, there were none that day. So i am peacefully fishing with only the sounds of the woods and the stream. All of a sudden there is total silence, then maybe 100yrds or less away i hear a tree come crashing down.

My first thought "how the hell am i gonna fight Bigfoot off with a 6wt?" I stood dead still in the stream for probably 5 minutes listening for anything else. Fished a little while longer with no bites and decided it was a good time to stop.

sandfly wrote:
Was bit by a shark, attacked by a beaver in the delaware, missed getting hit by a copper head on the delaware, seen all sorts of sex acts and naked people, have caught bats while fishing and a few sea gulls. been chased by a swan. lost a six pack in the delaware in the zane grey hole. Had a bear wanting to use the same trail as me coming towards me. hooked a jet skier with a 5/0 hook on the "D" after he came to close the a$$ h*!&...Jeez the delaware is a scary place......So far up here nothin has happened yet..

I forgot about the bat! Hooked into one on Lower Woods Pond in Wayne County.

Paul, was that "exhibitionist" a long haired brunette up around the Quarry in Lemont?

I'm usually good for a few bat encounters per year. The most unusual sight this year was a family of baby flying squirrels learning to glide streamside. They were diving off a roof and using the stream to soften the landing:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sUpHj5FCN6k/S7eCfFlh3GI/AAAAAAAABa4/Q_bvwSyph-c/s1600/P4030007.JPG

They can swim, but they aren't naturals. Would make an easy meal for a big trout...

I also saw a pair of young owls dive-bombing a flock of young mergansers on the upper D in broad daylight. They still had their fluffy baby owl feathers, and they were pretty clueless about hunting. They weren't shy about learning, and the mergansers were not happy about it.

Back