SE PA Trico Mini-Jam 7/4/2010 7AM

Doesn't anyone take a camera to these things?

JackM wrote:
Doesn't anyone take a camera to these things?

Funny you should ask!

Sorry I'm tardy with a few pics. I think Squaretail got a few also. We never really got everyone together, in one place, at one time. I was a bit out of it from having worked a double shift both before, and after the Jam.

Here's a few - gotta figure out how to post a video. I have a short clip of surveyor6 fishing below a cloud of tricos.

Attachments

• TJ1.jpg
    TJ1.jpg
    854 KB · Views: 4
  • TJ2.jpg
    TJ2.jpg
    952.6 KB · Views: 5
  • TJ3.jpg
    TJ3.jpg
    852.1 KB · Views: 2
Great seeing and meeting everyone at the Mini Jam this weekend. I got to the water early and was already in when a lot of you walked by where I was fishing. Then had to leave around 10:30 for family obligations. Tried to make the rounds and meet as many as I could. Spent some time with Merv and Squaretail-hope the car is OK Merv and glad you finally got some on the tricos.
Hope to connect with more of you in the future and fish some new areas. That is a goal of mine. Besides the Delaware trip in the fall sightnymph has planned, which I cannot attend, anything else cooking for central or NE PA in Sept/Oct for a group outing?

Peace, Jim.

JIm it was nice to spend some time with you. I caught two nice brookies after you started back up stream. I picked up two nice brownies on my way back up. One above the riffle we fished on the way down and the other under the tree where you were fishing in the morning. A good day for me for my first trico day.
Merv

I can't believe you got goodfortune all the way across the state for the tricos. He must have started driving Thursday morning. :cool:

Here's an attempt at posting a video clip...

I think I know that guy, what an A$$

That guy looks alot different with a shirt and tie!

I saw him catch fish earlier in the day. Don't be misled by the video. LOL.

I've seen that guy all over the coburn jam pics too - "the forest gump" of the jam i believe they called him...

Yes - as i remember he was wearing a shirt and tie when i first met him last summer....as we were both taking a "fishing lunch" from work.

He should really go into politics - always seems to get his face on camera.

I like the oh #OOPS# look right at the end.

That first photo HA posted has me, Sight_Nymph and redsun standing near a white van.

I'm not sure who it is, but I can't seem to take my eyes off that mane of chestnut hair with highlights of auburn and wheat, in that first picture back by the Hellement.

Man, that guy's got a head of hair!

Who's the d-bag in the white sombrero next to that walnut colored head of hair?

gfen wrote:
I'm not sure who it is, but I can't seem to take my eyes off that mane of chestnut hair with highlights of auburn and wheat, in that first picture back by the Hellement.

Man, that guy's got a head of hair!

You mean the guy trying to break into Andy's car? He ain't half the man he used to be. Truely impressive. He must be kneeling down, 'cause he's like 8 feet tall. :lol:

littlelehigh wrote:
Who's the d-bag in the white sombrero next to that walnut colored head of hair?

That's Avery's Dad. The one with the awesome avatar.

Attachments

• TL!.jpg
    TL!.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 3
It was great to get out and see old friends and meet new ones for a day on the water. I don't think I got to meet everyone, but hopefully I'll get another chance to do so.

It was a long drive, but I'm glad I came. I got to see another part of the state, and to fish a few new places. Any time spent with you guys offers tremendous potential for learning, and Sunday was no exception.

Heritage-Angler: Thanks for taking the time out to show me a few of your special places. I know you have a busy schedule, and that's why I really appreciate you making sure that I had a good time while I was out there.

LRSABecker: Thanks for your generosity in letting me stay for the night. I don't blame you for sleeping in; we put in a solid day of fishing the day before.

Squaretail: It was good seeing you and the "fish welcoming committee" again. I wish I could have brought in a few more fish for them to greet :-D. I hope you and the "girls" got home safe. Hopefully, I'll have the reach cast down the next time I see you :)

I'm really envious of you all; there is a lot of good fishing on your side of the state. I hope to see you all again sometime.

P.S.

I fished BFC late in the morning on the way home. There were no airborne fish this time; I left completely skunked. The water was low and clear, but quite cold given the heat. The fish were rising late in the morning, but I couldn't get within casting range without spooking them. Have you ever seen a frightened fish race up the middle of a pool, and scatter all of its buddies upstream in the process? It is pretty frustrating, yet amazing in its own way. Strangely, these kinds of experiences motivate me to improve, and I will return to try again.

My apologies to everone there and Jack. I just spent almost 2 hrs trying to put up a quality post about it and lost it all. It takes alot to post the way I do and I just dont have it in me to do it again. Besides, last time this happened, the second post wasnt as near as good as the first. I guess I can always dump the photos in the photo board.
Ed, you got a lot of thank-yous in the original. :)

Back