SE PA Trico Mini-Jam 7/4/2010 7AM

I am trying to get the green light from the better half but it shouldn't be a problem. Might be nymphing though as I have never fished a trico hatch.

It looks like I am not the only one getting up early. Looking forward to meeting all of you there tomorrow.

HA- Fished the section we will be fishing tomarrow today, Tricos everywhere! The fish were popping but not real good. They started popping around 830ish and then suddenly stopped. Also, are you talking about hitting the PO in the afternoon? I live in Bowmanstown so I think i could hit the evening hatch with you guys if thats where you plan on going.

Will not be able to be there tomorrow; so, here's wishing all the best fishing possible!!

Dave R.

OldLefty wrote:
Will not be able to be there tomorrow; so, here's wishing all the best fishing possible!!

Dave R.

1431.gif

Oh, well......Happy Independence Day, my friend.

Mr. Becker - We'll make plans tomorrow. I'm trying to provide more of a chance to fish the area for goodfortune - it's a mighty long drive for him, for just a couple hours of fishing.

Your guess was accurate, BTW.The hard part is deciding between Riverwalck and Platz's. :)

Ha- Yes a very hard decision between Platz's and RiverWalks. Depends on if your a BBQ man or more of a normal restaurant food person. Also, the Atmosphere is best towards dark at Riverwalks. Look forward to learning a thing or two from you guys. C ya all tomorrow.

OldLefty wrote:

That's a bummer, although this means next time you come down (or we go up), there's a longer day planned I hope... I'm going to have to leave after watching people eat lunch to go and try out some fatherhood thing.

Its 2am, I have to be up at what time? Sigh. I don't understand the appeal of this hatch. Its stupid tiny insects, stupid early in the morning, and unless its so easy that the fish are taking numbers to hook themselves, I believe tomorrow is it for my yearly trico experience.

On the other hand, the weather looks clear...beats last year's two attempts.

Wish I could pick up for the afternoon Pogoloco session, but tis not to be.

What the heck am I doing up this early? So I can go cast specks of dust? :)
Dont got a printer but I'll write down the directions and hope I can find you guys. I just dont remember the area anymore.

Nice seeing everyone again, and some new faces. Great weather, some big clouds of flies and plenty of risers.

Hope it was tightlines for all, I know on the way out I saw Square with one on and a couple of rapt dogs.

Good to meet everyone today! I had a good time and even caught fish.

Wished I could have stayed longer but 4th of July obligations rained down upon my otherwise perfect day. Tried the "Trico bomb" discussed in the Trico thread in the tying section today. Very nice 14" brown on very first cast with Trico bomb (technically second cast as I missed him the first time he smacked it). Few casts later caught another. Both fish ate the fly like one would expect a fish to eat natural bait. Guess they they had to open wide to get that big ball of tricos down. Fun pattern to fish and tie.

It was nice to see a few of you again and meet some new people as well. Not a bad day. It seemed to me that there were a few less risers than the past two weekends, but it was still a good morning.

Let us know how you guys made out at the PO.

Rob

Good to see some of you guys again and meet some new members as well. My trico bomb failed to get anything but looks today.

On a side not I did land a stocked brookie and rainbow as well as a larger wild brown (it's adipose was red). 1 of each in the same outing is a first for me!

Also saw what I am pretty sure was mink!

It was cool to see some of the guys i met at the Jam at Penns, and to meet some others today. Caught 2 small brownies, but had to pull out early, too many irons in the fire. Had'nt fished that low in the LL before, i'll check it out again, that's for sure.
Andy

I had a great time at my first ever jam and I caught a few fish to boot. It was the first time I ever fished tricos and to catch fish on flies I tied myself makes it even better.
It was great to meet all of you and I must say you are a great bunch of guys. I hope to meet and fish with you again sometime soon.
I was realy feeling good about this day until I got to mile marker 12 on I78. This is where my car broke down. I was able to call my son and he came with a car trailer to pick me up. I finaly got home about 6:00 pm.
Thanks for a great day guys.
Merv

CLSports wrote:
It was nice to see a few of you again and meet some new people as well. Not a bad day. It seemed to me that there were a few less risers than the past two weekends, but it was still a good morning.

Let us know how you guys made out at the PO.

Rob

Rob - i agree with your asessment. It sure was nice to see some familiar faces again, as well as a few new ones.

Personally, I'm sure i would have enjoyed the morning a lot more if i hadn't left my trico box on my tying desk. Doh! Special thanks to whheff for bailing me out by supplying flies for those that had none. (Nice ties, Bill!)

My guess was we had about thirty PAFF members show up.

Rob - the Po pretty much sucked, but the food at Riverwalck was outstanding.

Well as a new guy I had a great time yesterday, even though I didn't catch one thing, but I did miss 4 at the Po. It was nice meeting everybody and learning a little bit from you guys.

Ed- thanks for letting me tag along and learn a couple things and like I said before you plan on fishing the Po you let me know I will be there with you.

Paw-Paw- I am sorry to hear about your breakdown, glad you made it home though.

Dan- It was great meeting you and your pups and I really hope you got home ok last night it was a long drive! You could have stayed on my couch with Mike and snuggled lol

Mike- sorry I didn't get to say good bye in the morning to you I think I was in a coma. Hope you catch them at Fishing Creek today and try to keep them off the land when you hook them, (flyingfish) "shake of the head in disbelief" and get home safe!

Once again I had a blast and it was nice to make a few new fly fishing friends and I look forward to hitting a few new streams with you guys.

What a great turn out this year. I had a great time meeting sight-nymph and jdaddy and fishing with them before the jam started. It was nice to see some guys I met at Penns this year and to meet some new guys. Seems like everyone was catching some fish despite the low water level, I think it makes it a little tougher. Hope to see you all again soon.

Well I have to say that was a great turnout considering it was a holiday.It was nice to meet and see faces to names on the internet.My Boxer girl Mollie enjoyed meeting everyone also!

Considering I never actually got to sleep the night before, that was one long day.
It was in fact a good turnout for just a one day affair, I have no chance of remembering everyone I met.
Special thanks to Ed, helped me get to a stretch where not only I could catch fish but the dogs could also run free in a very populated area. May have been my best day ever on the tiny stuff.
Good to see younger newbs like Kyle and Becker steppin out and an "atta boy" award to Goodfortune on a really long tow.

Back